Sunday 22 January 2012

Sunday late afternoon.

It's past five o'clock and it's still not completely dark.  The days are certainly starting to get longer again now, which is brilliant.  We're a month, more or less, past the shortest day.  It's nearly February, a shorter month.  The snowdrops are out in the garden.  All encouraging!

While the ham was vacucooking in the slow cooker I also slipped in some vacupacked lamb leg steaks for DG and me.  Mmmmmmmmmmm.  Definitely these will be done again in the same way.  I just made a gravy with the juice that came out, and it was extremely tasty.

Before lunch I managed to get out for a silver loo seat hunt.  I first tried at Tesco homestore as the web site said it did them, but no luck.  However, Tesco did have some memory foam pillows, proper ones, not a shaped slab that is way too small for the pillow case.  Now I've slept well with the topper and the 'slab' so I felt justified in paying rather more than I would usually pay for a pillow.  Fingers crossed.  So then it was further on to Argos where I had no trouble getting what I was looking for.  At home I read the instructions with some trepidation - last time I had to ask DS to do the necessary as I couldn't understand what it was telling me to do but this time there were diagrams and words and it was as clear as a bell (and easy too).  And it looks good!  I had great delight in chucking the old one in the bin.

And finally I had eggs and lemons to use up so, of course, what else but lemon curd the microwave way.  I now have two pots of lemon lusciousness, one for a friend who barters with me for eggs that her hens lay and the other for DD and DG who rather love my lemon curd.

A most satisfactory day!  I like weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment