Sunday 29 January 2012

Every now and again . . .

. . . I find myself in the right place at the right time.  I'd meandered into Facebook when I saw a message from a 'page' I like with a hint that if you lived in Chelmsford there might be freebie cupcakes.  So I clicked on the link (out of curiosity more than greed, honest) and posted a message and was the first to post so won four cupcakes.  I had to go and collect them but it wasn't far away and they do look and smell good.  I'm keeping them for playtime tomorrow so I can share them with June and our two TAs.

The lunchtime frittata was delicious with salad and coleslaw and I heated up some lasagna for DG because he doesn't like frittata.  I've got two slices left for the week ahead, so they've been vacu-packed to keep them fresh and good.  Then I stewed some plums and made plum crumble which was just the thing for a cold, cloudy day.  After lunch, I am ashamed to admit, I fell fast asleep in the recliner and woke just as DD was leaving.  It's just as well she knows what I'm like!  And I'm good and ready for bed now, with all the planning done, printed and ready for the new day, the dishwasher emptied, everything put away, the kitchen wiped over and a shiny sink. 

It's nearly the end of January and I don't know whether I am proud or ashamed to announce that for the first time ever my house has been tidy AND clean for the whole month.  It's not habit yet, but that desirable state is getting closer, I think.  Maybe I am heading for a tidy retirement after living my working life as a messy slob.  Time alone will tell!

No comments:

Post a Comment