Wednesday 2 September 2020

Wednesday

Good morning; welcome to a chilly but sunny September morning.  We're nowhere near yet, but I do wonder when the first frost will arrive.  That will finish off the tomatoes and I don't like to think of that at all.

Yesterday pretty much went according to plan.  Tuition was fine and there's no more now until Monday.  Aquacise was enjoyable and I have next week's session booked now.  I ought to go into the site and book some swimming sessions as well.

I got the washing and the ironing done too so that was good.

This morning I was up and dressed early as the car was being picked up at quarter past seven.  It's now there ready for its service, MOT and annual polishing up (more than I give it, anyway).  Later on, I will go online and pay the bill and that will be the biggest expense of the year done and dusted (hopefully) - apart from petrol, that is.
They have a service agreement but you have to make monthly payments of what they say and there's no interest paid or anything so I choose to pay a certain amount into my savings account which more than covers things like that.  I know interest rates are very low but it's still better than nothing and at least I have access to my own money as and when needed.

 Mid morning, my new mum and student are coming for a chat.  I know I said no more but this student is doubling up with another so it takes no extra time; I really don't have any extra time slots now, not if I want to have a life!  During lockdown, I decided exactly how much time I wanted to give to this and I'm not deviating from it. 

And then it is personal training.  We're doing it online this week which is something positive that has evolved from lockdown.  I prefer face to face but when that's not possible, I don't have to miss a session nowadays!

And finally, Jeff is over to work his brand of magic on the garden.  The weeds are still fighting back so it will look an awful lot better once he's finished. 

The car will be dropped back early evening so I will feel mobile again.

So that's my day.  All very ordinary, regular stuff, nothing particularly unusual.  Just how I like it!
Have a brilliant day and stay safe and well.  xx

9 comments:

  1. Are you planning to help out in the school again or is that on hold for now? I was going to go to the school where I used to teach recorders to list to some readers every week but have decided against it for now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very definitely on hold. They're not accepting any 'outside' help at all right now.
      I think you might find exactly the same - they're being very strict to start with.
      Apart from that, like you, I don't think it is a wise thing to do at the moment.
      I'm actually pretty healthy; the only underlying heath issue is high blood pressure (drug controlled), but I don't feel at all happy about going back to help. We will have to see how things develop really.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Love hearing about your days. I wish there was a garage round here who would collect the car and then deliver it back - very convenient.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a useful service, isn't it? One I used a long time ago had a customer car that one could use for the day. There was a hefty insurance whatchamacallit to pay - premium - if you pranged it and you replaced any petrol you used but that was extremely useful too.
      xx

      Delete
  3. It's a bit weird when they take your car away or when you have to leave it in a garage all day isn't it. It's always the day when you can think of a hundred places you would just love to go to ... and can't!! Once it's back all checked and tittivated you lose the urge to go anywhere and it just sits there once again.

    I always have everything done in one fell swoop too, so that hopefully it's a once or at the most twice yearly occurrence.

    The weather has just changed here with a vengeance, with the rain coming down in stair-rods. First thing this morning it was lovely. We are definintely into Autumn, weather-wise and officially ... and sadly all the blackberries are long gone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have hit the nail right on the head. It's one of those truths of life, definitely! A very strange feeling although the lady who picked it up left her car in my slot for the day so at least I didn't see a gap where a car ought to be! That makes it even odder!
      xx

      Delete
  4. Hope the car comes back all shiny and raring to go (so to speak). It definitely feels odd and very isolating when our car is in the garage for any reason.

    I have to confess I never do any ironing....nowadays we don't wear anything that needs it! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :-) I do and, in my increasing years, I find I quite enjoy a nice bit of ironing. The telly goes on and I watch while I iron. I never thought I'd ever express an enjoyment of ironing but then it is just for me. No more rows of shirts, school or other, to de-crease!
      xx

      Delete
  5. It was, thanks, Laurie, I enjoyed it a lot.
    xx

    ReplyDelete