Saturday 12 September 2020

Saturday

 Good morning!  It's fine outside with clear skies although it's still dark.  I now take my first, early morning trip to the shed for the day's frozen food requirements in the dark again as the year crawls on.  Sometimes it is almost as clear as day but the moon is just a wedge at the moment and, without the street lamps, it is delightfully dark and shadowsome!

Yesterday was another disrupted day - and by that I mean the plans had to change quite a lot.

The main thing was that while I thought Jackie was coming to mine, she thought (and needed) me to go to hers.  Fortunately we got that one sorted out and, as I had made that soup for lunch, it went into a flask and it and I went over to Jackie's home.  We had a good laugh about that, especially as two or three visits ago, I drove to hers and she drove to mine.  We must have passed each other on the way!!
It was earlier than I had originally planned as well although not a problem, it just meant that the meal times got jumbled up for, I think, the third day in a row.  However, as the song goes, I will survive!

When I got home, the cleaner was there so I got myself out of her way, went upstairs with tablet and kindle and promptly fell asleep on the bed.  I was tired, obviously.

Chris came over later on and we had a great chat with plenty of laughs.  Lovely!

Today, I am really looking forward to a quieter and more restful time.  I have plans, of course, but they are flexible and pleasant.
First of all, I'm hoping to take a little trip to Hobbycraft, just for the sheer fun of seeing what Autumnal things they have in and, just maybe, taking a look at their yarns.  My fingers are getting twitchy now the evenings are darker and I want to be knitting something although I have no idea what.  There truly is a limit to how many hand knits a girl can have, isn't there!  They might have something in the cross stitch line, perhaps.
And then, a short stroll away in the shopping centre, there are some other shops that I might stroll around.  If I go when they open (and half nine), it shouldn't be busy at all.  If it is, I can come home again instead.

I have washing and drying to be getting on with and then ironing come the evening.  It should be a good drying day today.  I'd also like to de-skin some more tomatoes for the freezer and, maybe, research some tomato chutney recipes.

After lunch, I will head off to the allotment.  I plan to have the gherkin plants out and do some more weed clearing.  There should be tomatoes, courgettes, dwarf beans and raspberries to pick as well and I shall water some of the plants as there seem to be a number of warmer and dry days coming along.

So - a gentle, happy, simpler day today, just what I need after a fairly busy week.  In between times, when I sit down, I will just go over next week's tuition plans to make sure they are written up and create a list of resources I will need to track down.  It won't take long as I have a column on the planning sheet for 'next steps' and I fill that in as we work together; all I have to do is transfer that over to the new plans in a bit more detail - very little brain power needed and SO much easier and manageable than the planning I had to do for school.

Have a great day, everyone.  Stay safe, well and happy!  xx

7 comments:

  1. Hope todays plans go well. Have a good day

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. It would be a relief to have everything going to plan for a couple of days. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Hobbycraft....one of my favourite sort of places. I have to walk past my local haberdashry and craft shop very fast and try not to look in the windows otherwise I will get lured in. It really is the best time to buy too as the summer yarns usually have a discount around about now. That is a thought ...perhaps I should pop in today!! Have a wonderful weekend. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoyed my stroll around very much indeed. Hope you do too.
      xx

      Delete
  3. The temptations of Hobbycraft! I can't wait to see what you buy 😂

    Have a great day xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funnily enough, I was very strong. I bought one ball of shiny yarn to make a shawl and a pad of pretty papers, that's all.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Thanks. It's going really nicely so far. The sun is out, the shopping is away, dinner is prepped and the washing is on the line.
    xx

    ReplyDelete