Sunday 27 September 2020

Sunday

Good morning.  Today's font is called Happy Monkey and it is definitely a nice, clear, school appropriate font.

It was so chilly yesterday.  The wind picked up again although, thanks to the new front door and upstairs windows, there are now no draughts coming through any gaps and things are a lot more comfortable, thank goodness.  It didn't stop me turning on the heating, mind you, and this morning it has come on automatically so it must have been a fairly cold night.  I put an extra cover over the duvet yesterday evening and was as snug as a bug, as the saying goes, all night long.

I stayed in yesterday, only venturing out to the shed to get things from the freezer.  I got the washing done and a bit of the ironing, although the rest is still on the drying rack.  That's this evening's job.

Apart from that, I did precious little and feel so much better again this morning.  That's just as well because there's more scheduled for today.

First of all, I have a swim booked at nine - I cancelled the last one because of feeling rough but I'm looking forward to this one, a good sign.  The other fixed thing, only decided yesterday is that I'm popping round to Beth's for coffee this afternoon.
Between those two events, I need to do all my planning for the week, do some shifting from shed to garage and from house to shed (I thought I might do it earlier but it never got started) and take a good look at what's in the fridge because I need to use it all up this week.  That, with ironing in the evening, should keep me busy and out of trouble.

Have a good day yourself too.  xx

10 comments:

  1. Dark as night here at 9.15 in the morning ( slight exaggeration but it's looking grim)
    I was going to say stay dry but as you are going swimming you'll be getting wet! Instead I'll say - don't get blown away

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty gloomy here too. The wind seems to have moderated now but it was pretty gusty this morning.
      Yes, I did get wet!!! :-)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Love this font, think it's my favourite so far. Sunshine and clear blue sky here today, but still that very cold wind. Enjoy your coffee with Beth. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice, isn't it. Good and clear.
      Lucky you, having sunshine.
      xx

      Delete
  3. This is my favourite font so far. If you don't choose it for your blog, I may use it on mine.

    It cold and windy here, only 15°C in the house first thing this morning so the heating has been switched on. Hope you enjoyed your swim and your catch up with Beth this afternoon. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's absolutely no reason why we can't both use it, is there? It's attractive and clear.
      xx

      Delete
  4. I too like this font a lot and will try it.
    Sounds like you have a busy day planned. Having a bit of a rest day here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very attractive, isn't it? Definitely on the list of possibles.
      xx

      Delete
  5. Hi Joy, How fun to meet your friend for coffee. I miss doing that kind of stuff. It's been getting colder here, too. I love having a fire in the fireplace early in the morning while the coffee is brewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a lovely old chat while one of her cats purred on my knee.

      I'd love an open fireplace or a wood burner, but no, not in such a small and modern home. Fires may be extremely dangerous things but, in a grate, they are great company.
      xx
      xx

      Delete