Thursday 21 May 2020

Thursday

Good morning.  It's not so bright this morning.  Beeb says we will get some sun but this morning we could have thundery showers.  Time will tell.

It was glorious here yesterday.  First thing in the morning I got out my garden table (which I can now get to!) and the cushions I made for the arbour and got it all set up.  It looked very pleasant and restful in that corner.


I had my breakfast out there, and lunch, and between spells of finishing tidying out the shed, I had coffee, etc, there, accompanied by Kindle and various magazines.

The shed is now done and it's a pleasure to walk into.  Jeff picks up the mower this morning, early-ish, and then the only things out of place are the bags of rubbish which will have to stay there until next Thursday when the black bin gets emptied and can be refilled unless any of my lovely neighbours have room in their bins before then.

Apart from that, I had my half hour of personal training and I went to water the allotment at around five o'clock.

And that was yesterday!

Today, the main thing is that Beth and I are meeting down the allotment at around eleven (weather permitting).  I expect we will be sorting out the back - tidying the shed (story of my life right now, eh?) and checking that the table and benches are OK, cutting back some branches and so on.  There's a bit of weeding too and, maybe, watering, depending on what the weather does before then.
Plus coffee and plenty of (distanced) chat.

As already mentioned, Jeff comes in around two hours' time to get the mower.  I've said before but I'm really glad he can use it.

Wrapping around allotment stuff, I have a big pile of washing.  Two loads, I guess, one darks and one lights.  It'd be nice to get them done and dried so I can iron them this evening. 

I'm planning  little barbecue for Saturday.  I've always reckoned barbies are a bit of a waste of time for one as they generate so much sooty, messy washing afterwards but I don't think the little bucket barbecue will take much effort at all.
It has to work with SW so I'm enjoying myself searching around for a few ideas.

That's about it and I'd better go back up, bathe and get dressed before Jeff gets here. 
I'll leave you with a photo I have jut taken, of the clematis.  So pretty.


Have a great day today, whatever you have planned.  xx


15 comments:

  1. Lovely clematis Joy and I'm glad the shed is done it makes you feel really good to have a tidy shed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ridiculously good, yes, it does. A very comfortable feeling!
      xx

      Delete
  2. I had a look at the bucket barbecues but am still debating whether to get one. I've never really seen the attraction of a barbecue for one as, in my mind BBQs are social events, but this year I think it will be the only way I can have one. I know what I'd cook though ... fish in a foil parcel would be my first meal, and a fakeaway KFC with sweetcorn sides for my second meal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, fish in foil. Good idea. Not this time but maybe for the next oine.
      I like the taste and the smell of barbecue food and in this weather cooking and eating out of doors has great attraction. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  3. Your little set up looks beautiful, Joy. The perfect place to enjoy your meals on a bright sunny day. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really pleasant, Jules. Seeing as we're not getting those thundery showers they predicted, I've set it all up again today. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  4. Beautiful - arbour area and clematis xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sooze. It's the clematis' third year so it's really getting going now. A real splash of colour in a comparatively shaded part of the patch!
      xx

      Delete
  5. That's just how it feels, Laurie. Cosy and safe.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your arbour and it looked all very pleasant with the cloth on the table. No rain for us either, and so the watering on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. A bit of a bind when it's baking hot but great exercise, I suppose. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  7. That looks like such a cozy space. I love the tablecloth. Having fabric in a garden makes it so feminine. I am doing a couple of loads of washing today, too. Your clematis is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tablecloth is an old Lakeland purchase and I do wish they would repeat the oine as I'd love to get another, mine being much faded now. It's still in great condition though, very hard wearing.
      xx

      Delete
  8. That looks like an absolutely beautiful place to be able to sit. It looks quite comfy and almost as if you were somewhere away on holiday! I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does feel like that, yes. REally pleasant.
      xx

      Delete