Friday 1 May 2020

Friday

Good morning, everyone.  It's Mayday so pinch and punch and white rabbits to you!

It was a funny old day yesterday.  Some lovely sunshine but also some very heavy rain and strong gusts of wind too.  It's none too bright this morning but the forecast is quite optimistic with sun all morning and showers all afternoon.

Here's the re-named Speed Bunny with the first of his speed food (Slimming World jargon alert), the cabbage that looks more like a lettuce so that's what it is, the carrot and a yellow pepper.  I'm in the middle of a tomato now.

I had a good old chat with Beth yesterday afternoon.  Alex's birthday is coming up in just over a week and we thought maybe we could have a little online party with wine (fruit cider for Al as he loves that) and do the cake, candle and Happy Birthday to you thing without needing to wash our hands!!

I'm finding I get quite a lot of little things done as I pottle around the house.  Sometimes it is just automatic - pick up and put away sort of stuff which is kind of unusual for me and the messes I make are easily sorted out.  Maybe it's a result of lockdown or maybe I'm finally growing up a bit.

Today, being Friday, is cleaners day, so I need to get it ready for their tender ministrations.  No point them coming to clean if they have to spend half their time moving piles of junk around.

Something energetic - I have the other half of the personal training this morning.  Half an hour of puff and pant and I always feel great afterwards.  I'll probably pop down to the allotment when the cleaners come (assuming no rain) although there's nothing to do there.  I could talk to the broad beans and encourage them on.  I know they will be safe from predatory pigeons as they are covered with a netting dome thingy.  I suppose I also ought to pud down some more anti-cat powder which seems to be working as there's no more signs of cat damage/activity since I started.

Something in house/garden - as mentioned above, plenty of tidying up and putting away and by mid afternoon the house will shine.  I love Friday evenings for that reason.  It's very satisfactory and one of the better ways I spend my hard earned pension!

Social - personal training, of course.  Lindsey and I chat away as we work; it's one of the ways to check I am working hard enough as I should be able to talk but a bit breathlessly.

Something creative - I will finish the tomato and start an aubergine.  I have the pattern!  I might have a go at a pear too.  The green I used for the lettuce will be fine for a pear or I have a pale yellow that will work too.

Something entertaining - It's going to be good this evening.  As the bumph says:
"This Friday 1st May, join us for a tribute to compositions of Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber, live from the Royal Albert Hall. Featuring hit songs from Starlight Express, Evita, Cats, Phantom of the Opera, Jesus Christ Superstar, and many more..."

I've just checked my outstanding orders from the plant company and realised with relief that they are not postiplug plants (I've totally lost confidence in them) but in small pots.  They will have a much better chance of survival and fingers, eyes and toes are crossed.

Have a good Mayday!  xx

14 comments:

  1. You are lucky your cleaners are still coming mine is in lockdown like me. So lucky me I get to do the cleaning as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a company, not an individual so a professional thing. I suppose they count it as a key service and it's something they can't do at home. They come all gloved and masked up and I keep well out of their way. I'm so glad they keep coming.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Love the bunny and the veg. The cabbage/lettuce with a white centre would make a perfect cauliflower too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree and it's pon the list. It's nice to be making something funny and flippant and light-hearted. It's doing me good. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  3. The crocheted food is fabulous. I made Lily some a few years ago to use with her wooden pots and pans. It wasn't all speed food, however, there were sausages, fried eggs, chips and peas. It's fun to make and I'm looking forward to seeing the tomato and aubergine. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Where did you get the patterns, Jules?
      xx

      Delete
  4. I love Speed Bunny and his dinner too - really cute. The lucky person who gets them in their SW basket will enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chrissie, I hope so. In a way it's a bit childish but maybe the winner will be able to give it to a child in the family to play with.
      xx

      Delete
  5. Speed Bunny is looking good with all his veg. Will he have some fruit as well?

    Hope you enjoy the ALW concert tonight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed he will, Eileen. Starting with today's apple (I hope).

      The concert was brilliant, wasn't it? I enjoyed it so much.
      xx

      Delete
  6. when I first glanced at the photo - I thought your bunny was caught red handed in the fridge! I might stick the concert on as I do some sewing and I can treat the neighbours to some show tunes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - he wouldn't dare!!
      I hope you enjoy that concert.
      xx

      Delete
  7. I love Speed Bunny :-) And what a coincidence I nearly bought a bunny online yesterday, she was wearing a polka dot skirt and was sooooo tempting. But I didn't!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very controlled. It's so easy to shop online, especially as we can't get to many shops. She sounds very cute!
      xx

      Delete