Tuesday 17 September 2019

Tuesday

Good morning, everyone.  It's another early start for me after a great night's sleep and it feels decidedly chilly - a dressing-gown-and-slippers kind of morning!

After a good drive home, I got the washing all done and now have a pile of ironing to rejoice my heart this evening!!
I wandered out into the garden and picked some bits and bobs.  The tomatoes are still coming thick and fast but it's just about the last picking of runner beans which is very sad as I do love them and it's been a good year for them.  The chillies are still producing and, while there was no cucumber to pick, there are four baby ones and one medium one although I don't know whether they will mature.  The pace of growth has definitely slowed down.  As you can see, I had to cut off one tomato truss as the stem had snapped.  They will ripen indoors, I am sure.


I took a walk to the shops the long way round and foraged a couple of apples from under a tree beside the road.  The one I had yesterday was lovely.
Tuition went well and the time just whizzed by.
And I did some cooking, enjoying the results for dinner.  I love meatballs in spicy tomato sauce!

So that was yesterday.

Today feels a bit packed.
I'm having coffee with a friend first thing and then whizzing back for the lovely Sharon to sort out my bird's nest hair.  Then it is some tuition and in the evening I have that stack of ironing to deal with.
I'm hoping to receive an exciting parcel as well.
It's all go today!

Time for another coffee so I'll stop now.  Have a lovely day, whatever you have planned.  xx


6 comments:

  1. What a lovely lot of produce! "A pile of ironing to rejoice my heart" - oh how that made me laugh....I loathe ironing! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. < chuckle > I always do mine while watching telly. It helps it along no end.
      xx

      Delete
  2. OO exciting parcel thats a nice I love getting parcels even if it is only some kilner jars or the like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. Knowing what's in doesn't stop the excitement!
      xx

      Delete
  3. If ironing 'rejoices your heart', can I bring mine round please?

    Have fun with the contents of your parcel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was supposed to be slightly ironic/sarcastic!!!

      And thanks. According to the tracker, the driver is down my road, probably trying to find the cul de sac, as I type this!!
      xx

      Delete