Thursday 12 September 2019

Thursday

Good morning, all.  It looks as if it's going to be a much more pleasant day today, fingers crossed!  I could do with some cheering sunshine to brighten me up.

I tried to get the space/spare china down to the hospice shop but when I got there it was closed - something to do with training and a new till - so that's first on the list for today.  Before then, Jeff had turned up and did the necessary so now I have a neat garden again.  He took one of the china items away with him, a lidded cake plate that I've never, ever used and didn't think I ever would.

After coming back from the aborted drop off, I had to stay in all day.  I had ordered a new bread knife from Amazon as my old one (very old one) had started rather mangling the bread.  Of course, because it was a knife, there were all sorts of rules and regulations about it.  It couldn't be left by the front door (obviously), nor with a neighbour.  I had to provide photo proof of identity and sign for it.  In the end, it didn't turn up until after six in the evening!

Today there's a bit more going on.  First of all, I've had a lie in!  Yes, I have - I woke before four again but instead of getting up, I thought I'd try the old trick of turning my electric blanket on very low.  It worked well last winter and it worked again today.  I warmed up and dropped off again and didn't wake until nearly seven.  It's just as well I wasn't planning an early morning swim, isn't it?  And I really do feel better for the extra sleep.

In fact, nothing much is planned until midday when I have my second session with my personal trainer, Lindsey.  It'll be a lot more active and energetic this week, she has threatened, with less talk and more do.  Eeeek!
Actually, I am quite looking forward to it in a slightly masochistic sort of way.  It's slotting into my 'up my fitness levels' drive really well. 

Another thing I think I might be looking forward to is an active holiday she plans once a year in Valencia.  This year's one is next week and, obviously, I'm not going on that one, but then she starts taking bookings for the following year and I am seriously thinking of going.  I know it's not everyone's cuppa but, as long as I can have a singe room, it could be mine!
It's four days 'all in', a mixture of activity (the hotel has a roof top pool and a gym so there's aqua as well as other 'classes' plus a bit of sightseeing and, a really good thing, the flight is from Stansted so, if there's no organised way to get there, I can take a bus. 
I hate driving on the A120 around Bishops Stortford on the Stansted side.  When it was a nice, friendly little local airport, it was so easy to get to but now it's so complicated, I just go through the town or round t'other way to get to Dad's.  The few times I've gone the airport way, I've got thoroughly lost!

After Lindsey's session, there's a gap before tuition and then a shorter gap before Slimming World.  So, lazy morning, rather more busy afternoon and evening.

The other thing I need to do today is plan the weekend meals at Dad's.  Usually I work around what he's got in but this time I suggested I plan and get in what I need and he was more than happy to let me do this.  I can go shopping after my swim tomorrow morning and before I set off so that will work really well.

First of all, though, I will just glance through my planning.  I'm pretty sure I have more than enough materials ready but all through my life as a teacher I have had this dread of running out of work for my class.  It's never happened and I could wing it if it did but . . .

Have a good day whatever you have planned for your life.
xx


8 comments:

  1. Its lovely and sunny here this morning and its a bit warmer too. Enjoy your training session That I dont envy you lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - that's fair enough! I think I will though.
      xx

      Delete
  2. My recurring nightmare was getting to a Cub Scout meeting and forgetting how to play any games!
    Rather you than me with the training thingy although I really do need to get fitter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sympathise!
      I'm just back and it was good. I'm going to feel it tomorrow though!
      xx

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a well organised day planned to me.
    Hope the charity shop drop off is more successful tomorrow x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went down again but couldn't get anywhere to park. Third time lucky, I hope.
      xx

      Delete
  4. The active holiday sounds rather good... a bit of everything. I hope your personal trainer session went well and that you're not aching too much! You put me to shame!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound good, doesn't it. I asked about it during the PT session and I'm pretty sure I will give it a whirl next September. I have plenty of time to save up for it!
      The session was good, thanks and, no, surprisingly enough, I don't ache at all really. I have things to keep doing during the week so need to write a schedule out for myself to make sure I get them done.
      The hour went so quickly!
      xx

      Delete