Sunday 15 September 2019

Sunday

Good morning, everyone!  It's still too dark to say but they tell us today is going to be as warm and as sunny as yesterday was, which is lovely!  It was such a gorgeous day, wasn't it?

In the end, I had no problems locating the Letchworth Nuffield Gym and it was an easy drive.  The pool is slightly smaller than the home one, I think, and was divided into three lanes - fast, medium and slow.  No prizes for guessing the one I chose!

When I got in, there was only one person in each lane, including me.  A few came and a few went in my half hour, including a middle lane equivalent of my lovely 'gossip girls' but it was never crowded.

There was a sauna and a steam room but no hot and bubbling spa - I missed that as it is lovely to relax and 'chill' in the warm bubbles before having a shower.

The locker system is very different though.  Instead of inserting the membership card and getting a key, you have to key in a 4 digit number (of your own creation).  That means not only do you have to remember your locker number, you also have to remember your code!  Guess who forgot both!!!
A very kind lady went out to get one of the people on the desk who unlocked my locker (I did remember that after some thought) and we had a little chuckle about it but it was embarrassing, all the same.  I felt very vulnerable too because, of course, my hearing aids were locked away so it was very hard to catch the gist of what people were saying.  I do wish someone would invent waterproof aids!!!
All my own fault, of course.  I really should have used a more familiar code and next time I will.

The rest of the day passed peacefully.  Dad came home from his exercise class, we both had some home made soup and then he crashed out for a good sleep in his recliner. 

I investigated Parkrun as two members of our SW group went and sent back photos to prove it!  It looks interesting so I have registered (which doesn't commit me to anything) and may give it a whirl next Saturday, although it will be more a case of Parkmeander than Parkrun or even Parkjog.  I just hope I can do 5K!  Maybe I ought to practise! (not entirely serious there)
It seems to be quite a sociable event, is another reason/excuse for getting out and about and it is totally free as I can use my bus pass to get there.  A freebie is always a Good Thing, surely!

Today Dad and I are out to lunch.  Mum's much younger half sister has invited us over for lunch so that's where we're going.  Dad has been slowly going through old photos and has some to take and show, including some of his and Mum's wedding, with Diana as a bridesmaid. 

It will take around an hour to get there, maybe more if the A14 is awkward, so it will take most of the afternoon, one way and another.  I'll get dinner made before we leave and then it's just a heating up affair later on.

And that's today.  It's half way through September, would you believe?  Where is the time going?  In three week's time, I'll be typing this at Center Parcs before going out for my early morning walk!

Have a great day and enjoy the lovely weather.
xx



10 comments:

  1. Morning Joy, sorry about the confusion over your locker (yes must have been very embarrassing) but well done for going to an unfamiliar place. And Parkrun! I'm so impressed with your resolve, makes me feel quite ashamed. I did have a look at the website out of curiosity to see whether there are any local to us...thankfully(!!) there aren't any close (says she, heaving a sigh of relief). I'm not cut out for running....although I don't think you actually have to run. Enjoy your lunch out. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am assured that you don't have to run - thank goodness. As for resolve - I would hold that until I actually do something about it!! :-) I'm not sure it is my thing but, as I exercise more, I am feeling better so it mught be a good investment in a healthy future. Maybe!
      xx

      Delete
  2. Lockers have always been a bit of a battle for me, not least in that they have complicated locks and never seem to be big enough. Fortunately, I have no need to use them where Lily and I swim. It's quite safe there but on the rare occasions it does appear to be busy, I just take our bag by the poolside. It's a holiday park so rules about this kind of thing are very relaxed. I'm glad you didn't have to wait long to get your belongings.
    Park run is a great idea. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did feel a right wally but the service was impressive! I know now!
      Parkrun does seem a good idea and, I gather, the Chelmsford one is very popular.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Good luck with the Parkrun. Next stop the London Marathon?

    There's a local Parkrun around the Country Park but it's always on a Saturday morning so clashes with ban. Not that I'd do it anyway - I don't think my knees are up to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like you I am loving the weather It really is fabulous and I refuse to slave over the iron until we have a wet miserable day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very wise - why add heat to heat, after all? :-)
      xx

      Delete
  5. Good luck with the Parkrun and also with choosing a more memorable code - when I have to remember my pin I can't if I think about it too long!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All those numbers!!! Being mildly dyscalculic really doesn't help either. Oh, well, I comfort myself with the knowledge that I do learn from my mistakes - usually!!
      xx

      Delete