Thursday 23 May 2019

Thursday

Good morning, everyone.

Beth finished a couple of cushions she was making for a neighbour yesterday.  I think they're lovely so I'm showing them off! 



Yesterday went well.  I had a great old natter to my friend over some good coffee before heading off home to do a bit of gardening and get the runner beans in.  I also fed the soil where the seeds are planted with some garden compost and some slow release granules so, fingers crossed, they will be good and prolific this year.  And I reckon I will be picking and eating two strawberries at some point today!

After lunch, L came round and I had another good gossip with her over a cuppa.  All very sociable.

And then, later on, after umming and ahing, I went off to SW group.  I was going to dodge it after some horrendous scoffing over the weekend as I was absolutely sure I would show a big gain but, guess what - half a pound off.  I'm really not sure how I managed that bit I'll take it with gratitude and I'm glad I went!

Today starts off with a swim, followed by some more gardening, scraping weeds out from around the paving slabs.  All that bending and squatting is great exercise!  I shall walk round to vote at some point and this evening it is pottery.  I have one coaster to glaze, two that should be finished, fingers crossed, one to smooth off before firing and a leaf bowl to start on, having sorted out the leafy shapes last week.  That should keep me busy.

I have tuition too, so I have a bit of planning to do and I shall tackle a bit more clutter.  Doing a little bit everyday seems to be working at the moment; it's never too daunting.

Well, the gym opens at half past six and I have my SW blog to write before I go so I'd better stop rambling.  Have a super day with lots of good things.  xx

14 comments:

  1. Morning Joy. What a talented daughter you have! The cushions are really lovely, well done Beth. Your day sounds good, enjoy your first strawberries. And congratulations on the loss, that must have been a relief. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Sooze. She really is very creative and artistic to go with the handicraft skills.
      Yes, it was a massive relief.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Beautiful cushions.
    I have 1 strawb just starting to turn pick - a very small treat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sue, and enjoy your strawberry when you pick it! :-)
      xx

      Delete
  3. Lovely cushions I bet Beth is pleased with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she was really pleased with how they came out. Thanks, Diane.
      xx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks - I love them. I'm wondering if she could make some for me although not elephants!
      xx

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on the loss - at least the numbers are heading in the right direction. I hope you have a good time at your pottery class. Are you making the bowl to match the coasters or is it a completely separate thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I might use the same glaze, but it's not intended that they go together as such.
      And yes, the numbers are in the right direction, thank goodness.
      xx

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on your half a pound. I wish my weight was coming off as opposed to creeping on.
    Love those cushions. Your daughter is so talented. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'm biased but yes, I do think she is. :-) Thanks, Jules.
      xx

      Delete
  7. Thanks for your explanation of "airing." Beth's cushions are really very cute. Hope her business is taking off. Sounds like a very busy day you've had!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a busy day but a very pleasant one, all the same.
      I don't know about taking off but she seems to be busy so that's a good thing.
      xx

      Delete