Thursday 25 October 2018

Thursday

Good morning, everyone.  Brrr - it's chilly out there this morning.  I opened the front door to pop a can in the recycling box and closed it again as quickly as I could.  Definitely shivery.  Still, if it means a gloriously sunny day, I'll take it!

Yesterday was another recuperative sort of day (that sounds better than 'lazy', doesn't it?).  I did some cooking, making some tuna potato cakes out of leftovers which are now in the freezer for a quick and simple meal or two another time and I've developed a toastie that is very SW friendly (and tastes great).

I took a parcel to the post office for Beth.

I sat and read and knitted and caught up with recorded telly (and had a few snoozes).

In the evening I went out for a quick and productive meeting.

Today is a bit busier.  My cleaner comes this morning (instead of the usual Friday) and I think I might take a trip over to Sainsburys in order to give her a clear run of the place.  I read somewhere that they are having a 25% off deal on clothes for a few days so I will go and look.  I still don't have a warm padded coat/jacket for the very cold days and I do need one, the old one now falling off me - you could fit two of me into it almost.  Maybe they will have something that's not too expensive.  Also I need to get next size down jeans.  May as well take advantage of 25% off.

After that the day is free until SW meeting time and I think I will get next week's planning done so it's not on my mind over the weekend.  I want to enjoy our little jaunt to Norwich and I won't so much if I am thinking about what I haven't done.

Well, the kettle has boiled so I need my coffee and then I need to do a quick tidy of the place so my lovely cleaner has a clear run and doesn't waste cleaning time tidying up after me.  Have a great day!

6 comments:

  1. Good word - recuperative - must remember that one!
    Have a good day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I like “recuperative” too.
    What a lovely problem to have; a coat that's way too big for you. It must feel wonderful to have such visual proof of your hard work and self discipline.
    Do you find that your whole posture and feeling of worth have improved as you've shed weight?
    I’ve lost a lot just lately and I feel so pleased with my self though the danger is that I’ll slip back now.
    I find winter difficult and have to watch that I don't comfort eat!
    Enjoy your day. Maybe you will find a new coat too.
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I like the recuperative day idea as you say it sounds so much better than lazy. I tend to work in the mornings but after lunch, I turn into a pumpkin. But if you are up at 5am by 1pm you have put in a days work anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in desperate need of a new Winter coat too for weight loss reasons. My old one was a size 18, this week I fitted into size 10s! 2 pounds to target, but weight loss is very slow now.
    There were some nice coats in Sainsbury's when I had a look yesterday, but none that really made my heart sing, and after despising clothes shopping for almost 30 years, they really need to do that now. I only got a new bra - they're the things that I've really disliked having to find since I've lost weight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They have some nice padded coats - I have my eye on one or two - once the 25% finishes they will run the Double up so might get mine then with the Nectar points I have.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you all like the term. I must remember to use it from now on. It's positive.
    Scarlett, I get mine from M&S - they seem to fit my shape perfectly.
    xx

    ReplyDelete