Tuesday 30 October 2018

Tuesday

Good morning, everyone.  I'm up at stupid o'clock which doesn't happen all that much nowadays.  I know most folk would consider my usual half past five-ish as way too early but it's not, not for me anyway.  Before four thirty definitely is!
I have no idea why.  There's nothing on my mind, I have as clear a conscience as most folk and there's nothing outstanding that needs to be done by yesterday.
Ah, well, I won't waste the time, I'll get on with some stuff.

I've just peeked out and it's c-c-cold!  There's a breeze too which makes a frost unlikely but intensifies the brrrrr-factor.  The heating is on and I am all wrapped up in fleece dressing gown and slippers.

The journey home yesterday morning was very pleasant.  No hold-ups and no problems, made even nicer by the fact that Beth was driving, not me!
(for new readers, Beth is my daughter and Alex is my grandson)
Once home, I set to and made some nice tomato and lentil soup for lunch while Beth sorted out some stuff.  After lunch (very tasty), Beth crafted while I planned.

It was nice to get back to tuition and even nicer to deliver a lesson that went really well and that I want to use a couple more times this week.  A bit of planning economy never went amiss, did it?  The biggest advantage about a one-to-one situation is that one can go at the right pace, recap as needed, continually check understanding and add extra examples that target any difficulties with understanding, all without worrying about holding other students up.  It's really very satisfying.

On to today.  As I'm awake, I will do an early shop when Morrisons open at seven, update my finances as it is almost the end of the month and get the planning done, both tuition and food.  I could make the lunchtime soup as well.  All that will give me a good start.  Beth arrives at around ten and we might (depending on weather) give the allotment a bit of attention.  The replacement asparagus arrived yesterday, looking much healthier than the plants we were sent at the start of the year so we're hoping they have a better chance of survival.
I guess we will also start giving the plot its autumn haircut and get it ready for winter.  I know one can grow through the winter and we intend to overwinter some runner beans this year but most of it will be covered over.

It's going to be a fairly busy day so maybe it is just as well I'm having such an early start!  :-)

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like you are very busy. I find that when I am off work if I have a lot to do the earlier I start the better. Otherwise my tendancy is to waste half of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a good day despite the early start we are also up early the hour change does disrupt things for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's very cold here and is now trying to rain! Did you watch QI last night, the bit where they were telling you how to test whether the soil was warm enough to start planting?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've done my shopping and there's a delicious smelling bean and veg soup simmering on the hob. It should be done lky lunch time - ha ha!

    I'd forgotten about the time change - you're right, Diane, I bet that's wht the early start.

    Eileen - I did. It was an interesting one. What I don't get is (in another bit of info) why does it have to be cotton pants. What's wrong with a cotton hanky, an old T shirt or even just a bit of cotton! That would be cheaper and less wasteful. :-)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was up early, too, this morning Joy, and boy, was it cold! Put the heating on right away as it doesn't normally come on until 7 am. Made tea and a h.w.b. and curled up with a woollen throw over me in the sitting room to watch the beginning of Breakfast on TV, but soon gave up on that. I much prefer a 'proper' News, rather than a lot of chat, as if we've joined a coffee morning. But even though I was up early, I didn't get showered and dressed until much later. I could not possibly contemplate Morrisons at 7 am!!! You deserve a medal going there at that unearthly hour!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was quite nice actually. No crowds and no queues. I like early morning shopping!
    xx

    ReplyDelete