Sunday 28 October 2018

Sunday

Good morning, everyone, and many thanks for all the comments yesterday.

We're warm and cosy in a small, basic but fairly comfortable room in the Cringleford Travelodge.  It was a good journey up, stopping off at a friend's place on the way.  We all went to Thornham Walks for an hour or so and it was chilly but what a delightful place for strolling.  Here's a link for more info.
http://www.thornhamestate.com/thornhamwalks.html
I'm really sorry I didn't take my camera.  One of the many delightful things was that when a tree falls (or is blown over), on of the staff gets going and carves the wood into something - there was a huge Old Man of the Trees, a dragon, snakes, other creatures, all very organically derived if you know what I mean, and eminently suitable for clambering over and using ones imagination!

Then it was on to find our bed for the night.  We drove over to UEA to find Alex and after driving around to find an eating place, we gave up and went back to Al's room where he treated us to Domino's Pizzas.  Not exactly Slimming World compatible but, not having had a pizza for a year or so, it was very delicious and we enjoyed the food and the family company very much indeed.  Also there was enough left over for Alex today too.

We've decided not to go into Norwich this morning but to stay around here, chat, plan and just chill.  We're meeting Al in the afternoon and, after a look around the uni, we are going for a nice (hopefully) dinner out at a recommended place, the Queen's Head at Hethersett.  Strangers Hall won't go away and, as Al informed us that he has converted to a four year course ending with a Masters, there will be plenty more opportunities to enjoy the delights of the city centre.

I'm looking forward to dinner.  The menu looks quite helpful and delicious






7 comments:

  1. I think a once a year pizza treat is allowed! Bet it was delicious. Enjoy your meal out tonight, and the lovely family time together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cringleford Travelodge? Cringleford sounds like it should be a visit near Camberwirk Green in the children's TV series! I've never heard of it! Thornham Walks could be there, too! Mind you, we have some odd names here in Devon! How about Ticklemore Street in Totnes?
    I've never been to Norwich, but I understand it's a lovely city - enjoy your visit!
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thornham walks is just up the road on the other side of the A140 from home. Haven't been there for years,

    ReplyDelete
  4. My nephew went to UEA and loved it, so hope Alex is too. It's interesting to hear about the change of course and a Masters at the end if it - good luck to him. Oh, and a belated Happy Birthday to Beth.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a lovely name, isn't it, Margaret? Cringleford. I thought it sounded a bit Harry Potterish! Ticklemore is brilliant. It must make everyone smile!

    Sue, we must have been very close to you then. Our friend lives in Gislingham.

    Thanks, Eileen. Alex is so happy and confident and fulfilled now, it's a delight to see. They support his autism very well - it sounds as if they have got it just about right. It's a lovely part of the country.

    I did absolutely love the pizza. I didn't have much as it was filling, but mmmmmmmmm. Tonight should go well too.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Dominos pizza place has just opened in our little market town.My granddaughter tells me they are delicious pizzas but very expensive!I still don't know who Beth is.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry, I did answer when you asked the question before but I guess you didn't see it. Beth is my daughter and Alex is my grandson and Beth's son.
    Al has a permanent buy one, get one free card (I think it's a student thing) so it wasn't as bad as it could have been but yes, they are dear. Your granddaughter is right, they are very tasty. Good for a treat occasionally.
    xx

    ReplyDelete