Monday 29 October 2018

Monday

Good morning, everyone.  How did the weekend go for you?  Hopefully it was a good time.

It was round here.  Beth and I spent the morning in, crafting (we brought some stuff with us) and  planning stuff, before popping out just before lunch to find the restaurant we wanted to have dinner in and to book a table.  It was easy to find and looked very pleasant.  We located a small Tesco so we indulged in a few goodies plus a bag of stuff for Alex - students can always do with a few basics like tinned fruit, soup, etc.

After lunch we went off to UEA (MUCH easier to find in the daylight than in the dark when it's raining)and I see why he is so happy there.  He took some photos for me and I'll post some when he sends them over.  t can now 'see' where he is in my mind's eye when I think of him.

Then it was off for dinner.  We went to the Queen's Head in Hethersett because they have an arrangement with Travelodge.  Ten per cent off is not to be sniffed it, is it?  It wasn't a posh place but it was cheerful, friendly and very accommodating.  It's also disability friendly - I saw several people in wheelchairs and another customer who was obviously autistic and very happy with his meal.

I won't embarrass myself by revealing what I had but, suffice it to say, it wasn't totally Slimming World compliant and this morning I have a grumbling tum, but, oh, it was worth it.  Extremely good value too; I was expecting the bill to be more, even without the 10% off.  We will be back there!

We're hanging around until ten in order to let the morning traffic settle and then we will be off back to mine.  I have some planning to look over and Beth will be doing some more crafting.  Holiday week is over for me but hers has just started.

We'll be back.  With Alex having his home here for a few years to come, there's every reason to come again and to do more exploring than this time.  It will be great.

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you've enjoyed your weekend away and look forward to seeing the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to Norfolk (shameful) I know. We have a friend who has moved there now so every excuse not to put it off much longer.

    Pleased you enjoyed yourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Norfolk (and Suffolk) are both lovely. Really well worth a visit or several.

    It has been lovely, Eileen, thanks very much.
    xx

    ReplyDelete