Wednesday 7 November 2012

Wednesday

Brrrrrr - wasn't it cold yesterday morning.  The first proper frost of the season and I am sure there are more to come.  The cold brightness didn't last though as the clouds came rolling in and by the afternoon it was raining.  Not hard, despite A's protent that it was 'chucking it down, Mrs Clark, chucking it down' when he was informed that playtime was still on.  My marginally unsympathetic response was 'You'd better put your hood up then, don't you think?'!  I was on duty so it wasn't totally unsympathetic, but one must toe the party line and I had a stout umbrella!

Once I was out there in the cold and wet, with the children brightening the atmosphere with their games and laughter, I suddenly though 'How can I EVER give this all up?'  I guess I may feel different in four or five years' time but right now - well, if I can even enjoy a wet, drizzly playtime on duty, I must be pretty committed!

The other day I took the photo below.  It was a point, zoom and click moment, nothing planned, just happened.  I can't even remember off the top of my head whether it was morning or afternoon.  But I was well pleased with the result - my old camera would never have coped.  I will try this again when the opportunity presents itself again.


Apologies for the lateness of this.  I did write it this morning but didn't send it - silly me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment