Friday 16 November 2012

Friday

Good morning!
Well, it was a very good course indeed yesterday.  Lots of confusion cleared up, lots of clearly defined expectations, good handouts and a very nice lunch.  I feel a lot more prepared to mentor now.  They have changed the system since the last time and very much for the better, I think.

A great shame I was only concentrating about 90% because of other stuff.  Beth and Alex have the norovirus (I reckon that's what they have) and Alex has damaged his knuckle to the extent that he will need an op.  He's dehydrated so they can't operate straight away but they are treating the sickness which is very good news.  Fingers crossed for the next four or five days.

It is at times like these that I am truly grateful yet again for working in such a caring and supportive school.  I whizzed back when the training finished to have a chat to the deputy head who immediately agreed to give me today off (this was before I knew they were intending to operate next Tuesday) without any hesitation whatsoever.  As it turned out, Beth refused my offer to help saying she didn't want me to get the virus (I agree, I don't want to either, not with a Christmas Show to produce) and that they would be OK and stay snug indoors.  So I will be in school today but will not forget the kindness that immediately agreed to give me a day off without any ifs, buts or maybes.

No comments:

Post a Comment