Thursday 22 November 2012

I really should know better by now.

Teachers don't half ask some daft questions at times.  Or, if not daft, at the very least poorly worded.

Yesterday we went out to do a science investigation.   The question related to what happened to a sound when you went further away from it and the answer was, of course, that it sounds quieter.  It was the first time we've done an investigation so I went through the planning bit very carefully before taking them outside.  They were sitting for quite a while on the carpet, very engaged, very proactive, but sitting.

As we lined up, two girls needed the loo so I told them where we were going and that they were to come to us quickly.

We did the investigation.  It wasn't hard and the children enjoyed it. 

Just as we were lining up to walk back to the bay, up came the two little girls, having taken ages.  I glared at them and - foolish me - said:

'What have you been doing?' in my best shocked teacher voice.

Little girl one went really pink.  I repeated the question.

Little girl two looked at me and said . . . 'I did a wee but she did a poo!!!!!'

Sigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment