Wednesday 26 October 2011

Wednesday

It looks as we have had rain overnight here, which is a very good thing.  I know other parts of the British Isles have had more rain than they know what to do with, but down here it's been as dry as an old bone and the ground is rock hard.  It's a shame the rainfall can't be shared out a little more evenly.  It feels quite cold too, but not icy cold.

Yesterday was another pleasant day and now we are just about half way through the holiday.  I met up with Liz (who used to teach Y1 with me until she retired just over a year ago now) and we went to the Fox and Raven for lunch.  I mentioned this a while ago when another friend, Sue, and I went there, also for lunch.  As before, we had a lovely time.  It wasn't too crowded, the service was good, the food was delicious and we had a really good natter, catching up on all sorts of stuff.

When we got back and she had gone, I popped over to Morrisons and now I have all I need to make green tomato chutney.  I think it's about time to finish off the remaining tomatoes - some have ripened, most have not.  I think I will make it quite a spready chutney, rather than a 'lumpy' one and I think I'll add a mixture of dried fruits rather than just sultanas.  I'm sure it will be nice anyway.

It's DDs birthday today.  Happy Birthday, love, hope you have a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment