Saturday 31 December 2022

Saturday, 31-12-22

Good morning, everyone.   It's a dull, drab old start to the last day of 2022 - par for the whole year really, at least as far as national and world events are concerned.  Thankfully, speaking more personally, 2022 might have had its ups and downs but it hasn't been such a bad year really.  There's something to be said for being Pollyanna-ish in approach; I know it can be hugely irritating to others at times but it's pretty healthy really.

That's probably all the reflection I'm going to do . . . 

It was really nice to see so many people and the Slimming World Weigh and Go yesterday.  Because Jen couldn't get a venue for the two Thursday groups, some went to one of the Wednesday groups and some came along to the Friday morning group and I was able to put some faces to names I have seen in out Facebook group.

Jen's really struggled to get any response from the people who organise the good number of little halls/venues around here because it's been the 'dead' week between Christmas and New Year and even official organisations haven't been responding to her emails.  I bet they'll all be pinging back to her on Tuesday but, in the meanwhile, she has no idea where half her groups will be next week which is a worry for her.

I gather SW is being very helpful and understanding but the local stuff needs to be done locally, of course.  Poor Jen, it has really messed up her Christmas.

It was really nice to see three new members coming in to join, looking at them and realising I knew them all.  It has been quite a while and they didn't recognise me in the least.  Fair enough, the last time I saw them, I was working (haggard expression??), had long hair and was extremely large.  
Jen said she's never known anyone who recognises so many members as me!  It's to do with having taught in the area and living round here for so long.  Anyway, it was good to meet E, M and A.

Once home again, I was more energetic than I have been all week.  Did some washing, did some ironing, did some kitchen stuff, changed sheets, made up my bed and generally got a bit more organised again which was nice.

Today Beth and Alex are over for the evening and staying overnight too so I must make up their beds (no hassle).  I'm doing a buffet using up all the bits that didn't get used up over Christmas.  There's plenty so no need to go shopping at all.  Apart from that, I think it's a relatively easy day with just a bit of tidying and hoovering to do.

This was my Twelve Days gift today.  Some of you might remember me knitting them earlier in the year.  What you can't tell from the photo is that they have just a slight sparkle about them which kind of lifts them.  I shall wear them today!

And that's about it for 2022.  Next time I post, it will be a New Year.
Are you celebrating in any way?  For me, tonight will just be a happy, family time and the chances of me seeing in the New Year are so slight as to be virtually impossible.

Wherever you are and however you spend this evening, I wish you a lovely time and a very Happy New Year.
See you tomorrow.  xx


22 comments:

  1. Doubt I'll be staying up to see the new year in, we'll see! Enjoy your family time xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ali. Have a lovely day, however you spend it. xx

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year Joy, I hope you enjoy Happiness and Good Health. Thank you for all your comments on my blog through out the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chris. Here's to 2023 for us all. xx

      Delete
  3. Happy 2023 tomorrow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brenda. Have a lovely weekend. xx

      Delete
  4. Happy 2023 to you and your family, Joy. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on not staying up until midnight - we'll watch a film, eat some homemade sausage rolls and drink a glass of champagne ( saved from Christmas Day!) Small, simple pleasures. I appreciate your positivity, it often gives me a boost x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks, Alison, I'm glad it hleps. xx

      Delete
  6. Yes its been a funny old year for me too ups and downs as you say - but so much to be grateful for . I am going to try to keep awake for the new year but lets wait and see. Happy New Year to you and yours Joy - hope you enjoy your evening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it all changed but I am sure I will enjoy this evening instead. xx

      Delete
  7. Sparkly socks to see in the New Year sounds just perfect to me. I'll be tucked up by eleven and will wake up to a fresh New Year full of Pollyanna-ish potential.

    Happy New Year to you and all your family. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A girl after my own heart!!
      Hoping you had a wonderful night's sleep! xx

      Delete
  8. I’ll probably be sleeping when the clock strikes midnight, but I’m ok with that. I love your knitted socks. You did a great job on them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you - I do love knitting and crocheting - in case you hadn't noticed. LOL
      xx

      Delete
  9. Happy New Year, Joy! I wish you all good things in 2023 and thank you for your lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie - and the same back to you. xx

      Delete
  10. Happy New Year Joy. Hope you have a great time with Beth and Alex tonight xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It did change a bit so I can look forward to tonight too. xx

      Delete
  11. Happy New year Joy. Have a lovely evening and enjoy some naughty tipple. Tomorrow is the start of a whole new year. Such possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The evening plans changed but the tipples didn't go away. Hee hee. xx

      Delete