Friday 2 December 2022

Friday: Blogmas day 2

 Morning, everyone.  It's a cold and dry start to Friday and the forecast is quite promising.  It shows high cloud but, round here, that sort of prediction turns into sunshine so fingers crossed.

Yesterday was lovely.  The window fitters turned up nice and early and set to work and I joined the SET class online.  I so enjoyed it.  Fifteen minutes of 'combat' type stuff - punching and kicking, great for working out any frustrations; fifteen minutes of aerobic type stuff, one minute on and ten seconds breather - I think it is called HIIT; and finally, mat work.  What the fitters thought of it all, I have no idea and really don't care either.

Then it was over the cul de sac to Chris for coffee and a lovely chat and then home again for a late breakfast.  The workmen were just clearing up as I left for Sainsbury's;  T. has to come back either tomorrow or Saturday to put the blind back up and that will be that.

The shopping was hard work but I did manage to get everything on my list so that was good.  Flippin' expensive but that's the way of things now, sadly, and I did get a few gifty things.

I was very pleased that the granular salt arrived and the water softener is now loaded up again.  Looking forward to soft water baths again.  I also had another delivery - I had ordered some Spode Christmas Tree plates online after I lost out at HomeSense and they have arrived.  I do love my festive china and will be using it all month.  Currently, they are in the dishwasher, having been cleaned overnight with the day's dishes.

The rest of the day was spend doing a bit of this, that and the other.  The table now has a festive cloth and the Christmas cushions are out.  Here are the lovely owl cushion covers Beth made for me a couple of years ago.  I need to neaten up the sofa seat cushions, etc, though, don't I?  Ooops.


It was nice burning the little scented tea lights in my Advent calendars and the Cath Kidston day one thing was some body wash.  The tube is small but it will do at least three baths and the scent is lovely.

Today, being Friday, starts with Slimming World (Christmas jumpers out!) and the rest of the day is mine so I will get my exercise lugging all the Christmas boxes and the Christmas tree out of the garage and into the house.  I'll be glad to get that done and I need to do it for Saturday anyway.

I was Googling and it appears that the peach schnapps and prosecco cocktail thingies Beth and I are going to enjoy on Saturday are called Bellinis.  I can't believe it has taken me so long to learn this.  Apparently, you can blend up canned peaches to make a sort of syrupy thing to add.  I think we might do that, it sounds nice.

I'm rambling now so I will shut up and let you enjoy today's Christmas music . . .

Advent music calendar, day 2
Today I have chosen Steeleye Span's wonderful live performance of 'Gaudete'.  I just love it.



28 comments:

  1. The owl cushions are so cute! The weather here looks to be much The same as where you are. I hope it will remain that way as we are meant to be going out this evening. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're lovely, aren't they. Real characters!
      Have a lovely eveing. xx

      Delete
  2. Have a lovely time decorating tomorrow - I'm sure it'll be fun with Beth and Alex. I'm doing mine on Sunday, in memory of my lovely Aunt Sylvia as it was her birthday. Good luck for SW. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is lovely to turn these Christmas things into celebration and remembrance. And thank you. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  3. Sunday, November 27th was the first day of Advent. Today is the 6th day of Advent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - it depends whether you count the church Advent calendar or the chocolate type one. I'm doing both! Any excuse for a celebration, that's me! :-)

      Delete
  4. So glad things are going well for you. It has been very foggy misty here and still is this morning - so so dark as well ! your cushions are so cheery Just love your choice of Advent music . Particularly today's. I ve been trying to get my Christmas sorted out but have been thwarted by the current postal situation
    ( currently feeling a bit bah humbug ). Hopefully, it will sort itself out soon . Good luck for Your SW today .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure it will, Jane, but I agree, these hold ups can be more than a bit frustrating, can't they? xx

      Delete
  5. I love the track of music you have chosen today, look forward to your Christmas music in December.
    Heather from a very misty Somerset.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heather, that's lovely. It's turning a bit misty here and feels very chilly. I'm glad to be indoors. xx

      Delete
  6. Awww, the Steeleye Span music - wonderful!
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were very good, I think. I'm glad you like it, thanks. xx

      Delete
  7. Those cushions are looking at your very grumpily, perhaps you packed them away for too long and they are letting you know.

    If you blend a whole tin of peaches for your Bellinis does that make each drink one of your five a day? I think so ... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they just! Maybe they will cheer up once the Christmas tree is up and shiny.
      lol re the peaches - that's a very good point, yes, probably or, if not, we can pretend! :-)
      xx

      Delete
  8. I don't have any festive cushions so perhaps that will be a future project. I will look out for some appropriate fabric whilst it is in the shops. What super ones on the chairs at the side too - I love them! Great choice of music too. Thank you Joy for sharing all this today.
    Suze x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sooze. I dearly love my Christmas cushions which is why they come out on Dec 1st and stay until Twelfth Night. Very cheering, even when the owls are in a bad mood!! :-)
      xx

      Delete
  9. Love, love, love today's music choice. I've seen Steeleye Span and also the Maddy Prior Band performing live many times ... her voice is incredible.

    It's good to see the owl cushions again and also the blanket you made last year. I hope your Christmas Tree Day goes well - is it tomorrow?

    The SET class sounds hard but glad that you enjoyed it. I'm definitely not fit enough for anything like that yet! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is amazing, isn't she. She stands alongside singers like Cleo Lane, Enya, the late Judith Durham, etc, vocally. Just wonderful.
      I love getting all the festive stuff out and yes, Christmas Tree day is today (Saturday).
      I was aching a bit after SET, I have to admit, but Lindsey always insists on a good stretch out session at the end of her classes so the aches are minimal. You will get there, I am sure. I've been personal training for - oooh, must be three years now, maybe longer. xx

      Delete
  10. Your couch looks very festive. That class with the martial arts sounds like a great release. I love Christmas music...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really good, Steph. I can't commit to every Thursday but when I can, I think I will do it online as an ad hoc class. You pay a bit more than a whole block (for each session) but I felt really well worked out. xx

      Delete
  11. Those cushions are so nice. I love they are so different from each other. Cold and miserable here, we have been staying in. One good thing is we manage to get lots done.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's turned cold here too - comparatively cold, I mean, nothing like your prairie cold, I am sure. The cushions have character, don't they? xx

      Delete
  12. Beautiful song today! I remember singing it in college choir back in the 80's! Hope your day went well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It did, thanks, it was a very pleasant day. I love that song too. xx

      Delete
  13. Love the cushion covers. Well done to Beth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good to have such a creative and crafty (in the nicest possible way) daughter. I'm glad you like them. xx

      Delete
  14. I love those covers! Beth is really talented.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she is very good. It's a shame she doesn't really have the time for that sort of work now but maybe in the future . . . xx

      Delete