Wednesday 15 January 2020

Wednesday

Good morning.  Well, we did get that wind although it was quite a bit later than predicted.  I brought the wind chimes in, not wishing to keep the neighbours up with their concert performance but I can put them back out as soon as it's light because it's calm again now, just very wet.

Jeff turned up and worked magic on the garden.  The last of the old flowers from last year are now in the bin (must remember to put it out this afternoon for tomorrow) and I can see the bulbs coming up.  They should be lovely in a few weeks.  Also, he mended one of my outdoor wooden pots, which was falling apart, wich I'm glad about as it's one of my tomato pots.  Yes, I'm starting to think tomatoes again - I always have sungolds but which others will I try this year?  I do like a variety.

As he finished, off I went to Slimming World, the first time at the Tuesday morning group and enjoyed myelf very much indeed.  I was well pleased to be slimmer of the week and now feel all encouraged!  Nice.

The rest of the day passed quietly with a good tuition session and I might possibly have got myself another student for September, but I'm not counting any chickens!  As I will be losing one, that would work very well for me.

On to today and the main thing is that I am off over to Jackie's and we're going out for lunch.  Jackie says there's a nice Italian place close to her where we can go so I am looking forward to that very much.

Apart from that, it's a quiet day but it's supposed to be rainy.  It's on days like this that I wish I had a treadmill so I could have my brisk walk without getting wet.  Perhaps that's something to think about in the future.

Well, that's about it.  Have a really good day and I hope everyone is safe, well and undamaged after the strong winds.
xx

10 comments:

  1. Running up and down your stairs is one way you could try not getting wet and much cheaper than a treadmill. It is tipping it down with rain this morning and it was pretty windy overnight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great exercise, isn't it - good idea, thanks, Diane. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Joy, we had that weather here too - very restricting on what a person can get done outside. As a less costly alternative to the treadmill, google for "Leslie Sansome Walk at Home". She does walking-based workouts that you can do in your living room. There are a few on YouTube - might get you through a rainy day when an outdoor walk isn't comfortable.

    Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great idea. I found her a while ago but had forgotten. I'll go and search now.
      Thanks again.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your Slimmer of the Week award. I'm debating on getting a treadmill at home. I used to have one in one of the bedrooms and did 30 minutes on it every morning before going downstairs to start the day. However, it eventually died on me and I didn't replace it but am seriously considering getting another. It'll have to go in the garage this time though.

    How did you get on with the platinum body magic award you were aiming for?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working towards it. I'll give it two months of regular, recorded exercise and then claim it.
      I did a 30 minute walk as recommended by CrystalWitch and it was really good. Now I don't feel guilty! :-)
      xx

      Delete
  4. It got very windy here in Suffolk last night - caused a 7 hour power cut!
    Hope you had a lovely meal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a very long time without power. I presume it's all on and OK asgain now.
      We did have an internet cut yesterday evening but I don't know if that was wind or One Of Those Things!
      xx

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on slimmer of the week. I'm happy to say, since my recent efforts, my waistline has made an appearance. I hope I can keep it going as well as you have. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good for you! Doesn't it make a difference!
      xx

      Delete