Tuesday 14 January 2020

Tuesday

Good morning.  There's a weather warning out today for strong winds so it might be a stay inside most of the day scenario!  Right at the moment, it's as still as anything but is supposed to get up rather rapidly between twelve and one.  We will see.

Yesterday was great.
I worked away early morning, to get things ready and sorted for the day before setting off to Admiral's Park (in town).  After parking the car in the appropriate (and free) car park, I had a grand old walk round the gardens and park, up one way and back and then the other way and back.  There's lots of little pathways leading off the beaten track but everything is very muddy so I kept to the concrete pathways.  There were loads of friendly and cheerful people to say 'good morning' too and plenty of friendly dogs too, enjoying their morning constitutionals.

Here's a few photos.

























Once home, I had breakfast, did a bit more sorting out and then it was time to set off to school for the first session of the knitter knatter club.  Six young ladies had signed up, two of whom could already knit slowly.  The other four took to it very well, there were no disasters and they all seemed to enjoy it very much.  I wonder what their knitting will look like next Monday!

Then I helped in Foundation Stage before going home for lunch.  Tuition also went well and the day ended up with two of my favourite programmes - Only Connect and University Challenge.  They're both well beyond my knowledge so I feel absolutely great when I get one right.

Tomorrow, Jeff is over first thing to neaten up parts of my garden before I walk round to the community centre for Slimming World.  Pottery starts on Thursday and now that there's a local Tuesday morning group I don't need to drive out to Writtle of a Wednesday evening but can just walk there and back.  Much better.

Apart from tuition, the rest of the day is free but there's loads to do in the way of housework and I want to get out for a walk at some point too, weather permitting.  If not, I'll do some indoors stuff.

May you have a good day too and, if the weather is bad where you are, stay warm, dry and safe.
xx

10 comments:

  1. I can already hear the wind battering the windows and I hope I can get to my appointment with the hygienist, and back, before it picks up.
    Your knit and knatter group sounds fun. I wish there was something like that here. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's just a school club for Y6, lasting a term and rather niche, but the ones who do sign up enjoy themselves and we like to think they will continue knitting in the future. I enjoy it and always take along what I'm knitting for when help is not needed.
      xx

      Delete
  2. Lets hope the wind has largely blown itself out by the time it reaches us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That often happens, doesn't it, or it goes north or south of us. Fingers crossed.
      xx

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a lovely walk! I hope the winds aren't too strong. We've had a lot of them recently. It's surprising the damage they can do. It sounds like you've got a lot going on this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's starting to pick up now, a bit later than forecast but it's been damp and miserable all day. We do tend not to get strong winds around here (but I hope that's not famous last words!)
      xx

      Delete
  4. That looks like a lovely place to walk with plenty of good photo opportunities as well.

    I think we have all the wind down here. It's been blowing constantly for 24 hours, strong enough to bring a tree down but no other damage so far thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's much nicer in the summer but even on a muddy, mild winter day, it has its own charm, I think.
      We're getting the wind now - fingers crossed! I hope things continue to be OK for you.
      xx

      Delete
  5. We have the wind and the rain here, hoping it quietens down so I can get some sleep tonight...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope so. I guess that's one of the good things about being a deffie - night noises do not cause problems.
      xx

      Delete