Saturday 18 January 2020

Sunday

Good morning.  Yesterday was a jolly chilly day with a frost that lasted well into the morning and this morning looks like being the same as far as the frost is concerned.  I hope there's some sun as well; yesterday was a beautiful day.

After going on about it for a few days, I finally did get to Galleywood for my walk.  It was, unfortunately, very, very muddy so I stuck to the proper paths but it's rather lovely and will be beautiful in the summer when all the little pathways through the trees and on the grass are dry and negotiable again.  There's woodland and grassland, ponds and heathland and, while it's not huge, it's big enough for some good walks.
 I took some photos - here's just a few.




The church of St Michael and All Angels is on the common.  I had a walk around the outside but couldn't go in as it was locked.  I don't think there's really anything special about it in terms of architecture, windows, brasses, etc, but it looks like a busy and friendly church, serving the community.

On the way there I stopped off at Aldi and on the way back at Tesco so now I'm all set up for the coming week.

Today, I'm hoping to drive out to Writtle and have a stroll around what is a very pleasant village.  I've looked on the map and worked out a route that will take me around the outside roads of the village and a shorter on in case I don't feel like doing the longer one.
Apart from that, I have no real plans, I'll just take the day as it comes.

What are your plans for today?
xx

14 comments:

  1. Not sure yet what my plans are but I do have some veg which needs attention before it spoils.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, I love having to use up veg. There's so many interesting things one can make. I love a spicy veg chilli!
      xx

      Delete
  2. What a lovely walk you had! And yesterday was such a lovely day, too. As for today, not sure yet - perhaps make a venison casserole and then there's Vera on TV this evening, something which isn't a repeat, something to look forward to.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was lovely, Margaret. Very invigorating and I slept so well overnight too. Venison casserole sounds good!
      xx

      Delete
  3. Looks like a good walk.
    Enjoy another one today - I'm shifting more logs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bit backbreaking, I should think. I hope it all goes well and I'm sure it will keep you warm!
      xx

      Delete
  4. Enjoy your walk today. I'm just having a quiet day at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eileen. I shall be off out in fifteen minutes or so. You enjoy your quiet and gentle day too.
      xx

      Delete
  5. I've dropped my daughter at the railway station, shopped to stock up on fruit and veg, as I'm back on plan with a vengeance ( I really must get these extra pounds off!), and am currently listening to the radio. I'm sure there will be a few episodes of Vikings later, and 30 minutes on the exercise bike - I managed 18km in 30 minutes yesterday, so I'm hoping to beat that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow - that's a good distance and time. Enjoy!
      xx

      Delete
    2. 10 degrees F not counting windchill
      Stayed home from church today
      Too bitter

      Delete
    3. I don't blame you. That's extremely cold!
      xx

      Delete
  6. How delightful to have such towns, near enough to get to and walk around in.

    ♫♪•*¨*•.¸🔥💛🔥¸.•*¨*•♪♫

    ReplyDelete