Wednesday 8 January 2020

Wednesday . . .

. . . and it's another sleepless night, sort of.  My sleep pattern has been much better recently but I suppose there's always going to be one or two.  I don't fight it, I get up and do things and wait for tiredness to return.  It always does.

I wonder if it's a throwback to when I was still teaching.  If there was anything on the next day - an observation, an important meeting, OFSTED (obviously), a progress review, etc, I always slept very badly the night before.  It's surprising how often these 'things' occurred too.  Maybe a pattern developed and, while I'm no longer under that sort of pressure, perhaps it's a residual thing?  Who knows?

So it's 2:20 am and I'm socially mediating!  With a coffee.  Having unloaded the dishwasher and loaded the washing machine.  A nice, early start to the day.

I got the last of the Christmas things sorted yesterday.  It's all now packed away in the relevant boxes/bags ready to go out to the garage.  The Christmas tree bag, in particular, is very heavy, much heavier than the old one, and Beth says leave it and she will help me with it when she comes round tomorrow.  All the other stuff is contained in three big, plastic boxes and is surprisingly organised.
Downstairs now looks rather empty but much less 'fussy'.  I miss the colour and the twinkle of the lights, but I do like the space so it's not all bad.

Then I did the bit of tuition - it's nice to see my young friends again after a few weeks' break.  I had planned loads, knowing that it wouldn't all get done and, as they worked on something, I wrote up the following week's planning so I know that's all done and just needs a glance over beforehand.

Today there's only one thing in the diary and that's my hour of personal training in the middle of the day.  I'm really enjoying these sessions and, as recent events have made it possible, I will be continuing with them for the foreseeable future.  It has to be doing me good as well, doesn't it?

I might do a bit of clearing out in my bedroom.  It's an ongoing surprise to me how things build up and a bit of a de-clutter and a reorganisation of things would make a big difference, I think.   And there's the ongoing ironing.  Not an awful lot but I like to keep on top of it.

Well, I'm still too awake to try to get back to sleep so I think I will get on with some meal planning.  Have a great day when you wake.
xx

8 comments:

  1. I am mostly awake through the night as I can only lay for a few hours at a time but I never ever sleep only dose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very frustrating, I am sure. Dozing is never as satisfying. Are you able to sleep a bit through the day too?
      xx

      Delete
  2. I was still awake at 2pm. I just couldn't get to sleep so was reading in bed. It'll catch up with me during the day no doubt!

    Hope you enjoy your day x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you will. I'd gone to sleep fine, I just woke and was wide awake. Daft really.
      xx

      Delete
  3. As luck would have it I woke at 3am but went straight back to sleep until 8am which is unheard off but I'm not complaining hope you get some sleep some time today Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good, Diane. The ideal really.
      I managed to get some more sleep from around four to seven so I should be OK for the day.
      Have a good one!
      xx

      Delete
  4. I had to look twice at the time you were up doing things. Hope you have a better night tonight. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, me too! I don't mind once in a while but if it gets to be a pattern, it's a right nuisance.
      xx

      Delete