Saturday 22 April 2017

Saturday

Good morning, everyone.  It's just past half past five and it is getting light.  I love the dark winder mornings when the curtains are closed against the chill and the heating makes everything cosy and warm but I also love the lighter starts to the day when nature seems to get going so much earlier and it makes me feel energetic and sparky.

It's not warm, mind you, and is due to be colder.  I'm looking forward to those days when I can throw open the doors and sit out in the mild mornings and watch the brightness chase the dark away.

Yesterday was a busy day but I got loads done.  It's odd how days like that can seem so daunting before hand but, when you start and work steadily through your list, it can go so much more quickly than you expected.

So beds got made up, the kitchen was cleared and tidied, I made two white loaves and two rhubarb and ginger cakes,the tomato and lentil soup is all ready for today, the house is clean and relatively tidy and the shopping for the weekend is all done.
Mind you - remind me never to go shopping in Somerfield on a Friday morning again.  Talk about crowded!

Today should be an easy and pleasant day.  After lunch we're going into town so I can show off our new John Lewis, not to mention places like the White Company and Hotel Chocolat.  Then it's home again so I can get dinner sorted out - lasagne, salad and garlic bread.  Yum!

It's going to be a great day - I hope yours is too.

2 comments:

  1. Have a wonderful time it sounds like you have it all planned for maximum fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's gone well, thanks, Diane. Hope yours has too.
    J x

    ReplyDelete