Monday 24 April 2017

Monday

Welcome to April 24th.  Best day of my life - first day of my life, in fact!  :-)   I'm really glad I was born in the spring.  I love the spring; it is so full of colour and new life.  Actually, I love all the seasons for different reasons but - for now - I love spring best!

Yesterday was splendid.  After a pleasant morning pottering in the kitchen while Mum and Dad read and watched snooker, other family members turned up and we had a lovely family lunch together with a few pressies (for me) and lots of laughter.  Mum and Dad are now at home and I'm on my own for a short time but I'm being taken out for lunch and am so looking forward to that.

I'm finally getting better at judging amounts at these family meals.  Yesterday, after everyone had had their fill, there was just a little bit left, enough for my tea tonight but not to clog up the fridge for days.  Beth took some home with her for Alex, which was nice.

I shall be popping into town first thing.  I still haven't got my bank card and I know we've had a long Easter weekend but a fortnight is not particularly great and I want to get my hands on my money again. So, bank, here I come, proof of identity in hand, wanting to know when I can get my new card and if they can let me have some of my money!

If they do let me have some dosh, I am heading for John Lewis (again) as there's a little clock I want to get.  I saw it a few weeks ago and thought I would give it a ponder before shelling out.  It's a little travel clock that folds up into a sort of pocket watch size and I want it to keep in my bag for things like tuition, etc.  I don't have a wrist watch as they annoy me, so this will be so useful.

Lunch will be at the Hare.   I've looked at the online menu and I haven't a clue what to choose!  Very much looking forward to it though.

After that I will head off home for some R&R and to catch up on the telly I missed over the weekend.

It should be a good day, starting off with some nice coffee, I think.


7 comments:

  1. A very happy birthday to you Joy the sun is shining here specially. I hope you get your little clock it sounds just the ticket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Joy. I hope you have a lovely time xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, both, very much. :-)
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Joy "Happy Birthday"!

    I wanted to take this opportunity to say how much I enjoy your Diary and look forward to it every day.

    In fact, it has encouraged me to grow/plant fruit trees and vegetables and clean out my old greenhouse and
    build new staging. I forward your recipes to my young married Daughter who is also following your 5:2 challenge.
    We both love sewing and through reading about yourself and Beth's making things together - it has given her the
    idea of making items to sell at local fetes, to friends and Etsy ( with my help and babysitting a very active toddler ).

    Hope this makes you realise how much your efforts in writing the 'blogs' matter.

    Kindest regards, Rosemary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday and have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Rosemary, thank you so much for your lovely, lovely comment. You have really encouraged me and what a lovely birthday present that is. I'm really glad my ponderings and ramblings have been so helpful.
    Many thanks for saying what you have said.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, Chrissie, I hope you're having a lovely day too!
    J x

    ReplyDelete