Thursday 16 February 2017

Thursday

Good morning.  It's a clear, starry early morning with a bright moon and no frost.  It was a pleasure walking out to the shed to put some things in the freezer, although I was glad I didn't have to stay out long.  I'm starting to look forward to the mornings when I can sit out, sipping my first coffee and enjoying the morning freshness.  The very warmest times tend to be June/July and I was always in a rush to get to school.  Last year it was lovely and anticipating this year is a pleasure.

Beth was round yesterday.  She came before lunch and then stayed all afternoon to craft.  I got on with the owls while she quilted the sides of a bag we are making to order.  It was all very pleasant indeed.

Later on I went off for tuition and it was a good time.  So good, we went on beyond the time, not realising.  That's the only tutoring I have this week as it's half term.

Then it was back home for dinner and a sleepy evening.  Nice.

Today Beth is over again and I shall make tomato and lentil soup for lunch.  I am umming and ahing about going into town this morning but I'm not totally sure whether I will or now.  There's some ironing to do so maybe it would be better to get that done first.  After all, neither will go away but one is better done sooner rather than later!

Thanks for the comments on Body Shop and Lush.  I am pretty sure we have a Lush in town and I might just take a peek and even treat myself at some point.  And use it too.
I don;t know if any of you read the blog 'The Frugal Family'; recently Cassie did an entry on 'Life's too short: use the good stuff' all about using your nice things and getting pleasure from them rather than tucking them away for a 'special time' that probably never comes along.  That resonated with me as I am prone to doing exactly the same thing and the number of times I have had to chuck something that has lost its fragrance, texture or whatever is absolutely daft.  What a waste!
Here's the article:  http://www.frugalfamily.co.uk/lifes-short-use-good-stuff/

Well, if I am going to get anything done, I'd better stop rambling on and get started.  I'll leave you with a couple of photos I took yesterday.




Thanks for reading and have a good day.

4 comments:

  1. That's one of the difficulties of being brought up to 'have things for best'. Not just clothes but also the front room when the fire was lit on Sundays. How quaint it all seems. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. :-) Yes, doesn't it, nowadays.
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your beautiful gift arrived today and brought a wonderful touch of colour to my day!
    It's made me smile all day and is now known as "my happy bag"!!
    I'll keep my current project/knitting in, to take with me and be admired wherever I go!
    Thank you, lovely lady xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad it arrived safely and even gladder that you like it and can see a use for it. :-) I love the name 'happy bag'.
    Many thanks for letting me know.
    J x

    ReplyDelete