Saturday 18 February 2017

Saturday . . .

. . . and all I can say is 'better late than never'!

It's a bit of a dull and gloomy day, mild and still.  I gather there's more mild weather heading towards us but maybe Scotland will get more of it.  It really is very nice being able to open the windows and breathe in the fresh air after so much chilly weather.  As for pegging out the washing, it's a pleasure!

I know I keep saying that yesterday was a good day and I apologise for being boring but, again, yesterday was a good day.  It was great to go out for a meal in the evening (and even better not to pay for it).  I waffled (mentally) between three menu choices but finally went for the chicken burger which really was jolly nice, as were the chips and the house slaw.  I managed to finish nearly all of it too.

A shame I had a bit of a broken night, not from indigestion but from aches and pains and when I woke this morning I realised the cold I managed to hold back a week ago was trying another offensive.  I'm under the influence of meds now and hoping that will convince it to go away!

Today is quiet.  I've not dropped off yet but what's the betting I will this afternoon?

A few days ago I said to Beth that I must get some more T shirts.  I am not a posh dresser and tend to survive in T shirts and skirts for the most part.  It's neat enough but the T shirts are getting extremely tatty after a number of years.  Yesterday I happened across a Cotton Trader catalogue and guess what - they had simple, ordinary T shirts in a variety of colours, not too expensive, so I've ordered some.  That should sort me out for another x number of years.

Better go.  It's nearly lunch time!  Enjoy your day, however you are spending it.

No comments:

Post a Comment