Wednesday 2 November 2016

Wednesday

Good morning.  I'm up at normal (for me) time after a long night's sleep.  I was so weary yesterday evening, I went up well before eight, expecting I'd be wide awake by two but I wasn't!  I feel a lot better for it too.  Happy!

Yesterday was lovely with Beth round to stitch and natter.  In between sewing and chatting I made two loaves of wholemeal and the spiced cranberry jelly which is now in two largish jars.  It didn't come out totally smooth, presumably because I had used a fairly coarse muslin instead of that elusive jelly bag, but it's delicious, really scrummy.  The spices were cinnamon stick, cloves and star anise and I added a good slug of port too.

Beth and I started some owls, made a few decisions and just got on with stuff.

As I dropped off one of the loaves at school for my 'customer', on the way home I noticed that a neighbour's wall was looking rather lovely so I took a few photos.



Today I have a downstairs to clean, pigs in blankets and sausage rolls to make, tuition planning to do and one tuition session.  I have this feeling at the back of my mind that there's somethings else as well but I daresay it will come to me later if I stop trying to remember now.
Anyway, remember or not, that is enough to keep me out of trouble and 'gainfully employed' for the day!

Today's food:
B:  beans on toast
L:  I have to finish last year's turkey before this year's needs saving, so turkey sandwich with cranberry sauce (there's a bit that didn't fit in the jar) followed by an orange.
D:  sausages, broad beans, onion gravy, maybe some spuds, yogurt and fruit

Enjoy the day and may it go well for you.

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your day too and all that food sounds lovely, 'cept for the broad beans, which I don't like. Never mind, I'll come for dinner another time :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. < chuckle > I love broad beans but, if you turned up, I have peas in the freezer too! :-)
    J x

    ReplyDelete