Saturday 19 November 2016

Saturday

Hello and welcome to the weekend!  Yesterday remained chilly and was mostly dull but we didn't have snow or hail, unlike some who got quite a lot by all accounts.  I'm awake early and there's a heavy frost outside.  It looks gorgeous from this side of the window.

Yesterday happened more or less how I expected.  I made the soup, the pasta bake and the granola early morning before popping off to B and Q where I bought a new curtain track and a light - I'm having some of the lights around the house replaced as they are very old both in style and in fact!!!  I think this one will go either in the downstairs loo or in the hall.  I looked for a ceiling fan light for my bedroom but no luck!  I think it will have to be an online search.  I really do miss Bhs for lights.

I had a look at the paint cards and brought home several, some possibly for the bedroom and also some maybe for the living room - I will see how this decorator does the bedroom before making any decisions.

Then I popped into Wyevale and got some Christmas drink and some festive pot pourri, both of which were BOGOFs.  Thank you, Wyevale.

By the time I got home, the cleaners had left so I did some tidying and so on until Matt came.  Now I have a non-drippy loo and it does flush more easily and smoothly.

I was given my first new 'plastic' banknote in change today.  It's the first time I have seen one and it's intriguing - for a start, it is transparent in places!  It is strong and should last for ever but it feels like toy-town money as it's so much smaller.  The other remain legal tender until next May so I'd better make sure I don't have any tucked away before then.

Today, Beth is coming round for lunch and we have some forms to fill in.  Also I believe she wants to book a holiday for herself.  For six years and more now she has been doing part time study with the OU.  She's now on her last course and she knows her degree classification so this last is just a level one to make up a ridiculously small number of needed points for an honours degree.  This holiday is a little 'congratulations' to herself and quite right too!  Well deserved.

Today's food:
B:  granola with stewed apple and yogurt, pear
L:  leftover pasta bake from yesterday, apple
D:  beefburgers with home made wedges, sprouts and onions with chutney, fruit yogurt

Have a super day, everyone!





2 comments:

  1. congratulations to Beth It just goes to show what you can do if you try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Diane. As you can imagine, I am very, very proud of her!
    J x

    ReplyDelete