Monday 14 November 2016

Monday

Good morning.  It seems to be comparatively mild at the moment but I gather it's due to get quite chilly again towards the end of the week,  Yesterday was a gloriously sunny day, very cheering, with wonderful Autumnal colours everywhere.

Mum and Dad left yesterday morning after breakfast and had a good journey home.  I was rather lazy and might have slept once or twice through the day.  I caught up on QI and Strictly (I will never forget Ed and Katya's salsa) and I finished off the day watching 'The Day After Tomorrow' before a quick bedroom sort out (it was very tidy anyway) so that the room is now clear for the plasterer who is due to arrive at around nine this morning.

After a comment from Dad over the weekend about me using a dining chair at the computer for so long, I went online to Staples and ordered a computer chair.  He's right, I do spend quite a lot of time working at the PC one way and another and I ought to have a proper chair with back support, etc.  The chair I use is just a dining chair and doesn't support all that well.  A good use of all the money I am saving by using up food in the freezer!

Then I thought 'in for a penny, in for a pound' and, as my DVD played died several months ago and Christmas is coming up when we will want to watch Christmas movies, I bought a little DVD player that you can connect to the TV via a scart lead which I already have.  It doesn't record, it just plays, but I haven't missed the recording facility at all.  It should be here on Wednesday.
At some point I ought to sort out all the old videos I still have.  I don't want to get rid of them.  For example, I have a full set of the Forsyte Saga - the original, better version - and now I don't have any way of watching them.  I wonder if I could buy a simple VHS player that just connects up to the telly and plays.  I must hunt.

Today I have to be in all day so it is fortunate that there is absolutely nothing in the diary apart from the plastering.  Last week I cleared out some drawers in the living room and yesterday I sorted out some more drawers in the kitchen and slowly I am finding space for things that have had to sit on the work surface and look messy.  I'll carry on with that today, seeing as I have to be in.  There's also a fair bit of washing and some ironing too.
I've made a little list so there's a better chance of getting it all done.

Food today:
B:  bacon sarnie
L:  tomato soup
D:  the Chinese from Saturday that I didn't have yesterday.

Have a super day and take care of yourself.



3 comments:

  1. The Day after Tomorrow is one of my ultimate favourite films ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does me good to read what normal life is like. Good for you a proper chair is a must I have one with wheels on a carpet floor so I also bought a mat to stop the wheels destroying the carpet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel, I have a DVD set with that and Independence Day on and I enjoy them both. Escapist and with great visual effects too. I am getting quite excited at the thought of being able to enjoy my DVDs again. I think I need to give them a good sort out!

    Diane - I have a mat in front of my desk too, for exactly the same reason. I used to have a chair on wheels but it fell apart. I think it was Alexed!
    Your life will be normal again soon . . . xxx

    J x

    ReplyDelete