Thursday 12 February 2015

Thursday

Only two more days until half term.  Rarely have I felt more in need of a break - we are all utterly weary after this half term.  Waiting for OFSTED to pounce is very stressful!

On to nicer things - the weather.  Dull (cloudy, anyway) and chilly but not freezing.  Typical, in fact, for the time of year!  I was glad I had my dressing gown on when I went out to the garage just now!

Yesterday was a long day but an OK day really.  I managed to stay up although not necessarily 100% awake until after a very funny Comic Relief Bake Off which resulted in a much more sensible waking time of 4 o'clock this morning which was a huge relief.  I'm hoping it is enough to ensure that I manage to stay awake for the farewell get together at the Flyer this evening.  I was originally going to just stay for a drink or two but I've just decided to stay for a meal as well.  The keema I got out of the freezer for this evening can wait until tomorrow's lunch.  It can't wait for dinner because S, M and I are having a Chinese takeaway!  Can't wait for that!

Today is a teach-all-day day which is what it's all about!  Maths, English, some comprehension and geography in the afternoon!  And Take Your PE Bags Home-time at the end of the day!  Hope the weather stays fine so they can go out to play!

I'm looking forward to toast and marmalade for breakfast.  I haven't had that for several days now and I dearly love it!  Lunch is tomato soup, also home made, and then I hope to be able to keep going until dinner which will be about 8:00-ish, maybe a bit later.

But first, there's coffee!
Image result for mug of coffee
(borrowed from Google)

6 comments:

  1. Hooray for Half Term! Hope you manage to make the most of it. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so looking forward to tomorrow evening! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've earned a break, I hope you really enjoy it and feel totally refreshed! (and thanks for letting me know I'm not the only one worried and freaked out by the congealed fat debacle)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can tell you one thing - I've never, ever done that again! :-) Once is enough for anyone!
    J x

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are so looking forward to (what is now) this evening - wonderful food and wonderful company, what more could one ask! :o)
    Have a lovely last day-of-term.:o)
    S.xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was lovely, wasn't it?
    J x

    ReplyDelete