Sunday 26 May 2013

Sunday

Taken in the early morning garden yesterday.

What a lovely, warm, sunny day it was yesterday, wasn't it?  For the first time in ages I was able to open the French window and bask in the fresh air.  Not that I did much basking as I was indulging in one of my favourite occupations - cooking!

I started off with the weekly loaves.  The Hollywood dough was thoroughly 'doughed' in Thermione before rising is a pool of sunlit warmth.  I knocked together a loaf of soda bread to show my visitor how easy it was (don't think I totally convinced her though) and she took it home.  In the afternoon I made some savoury rice to use up left-overs (half last night and half this evening) and then I prepared the carrot, cumin and kidney bean burgers for lunch today.  Oh,. and I made some bread rolls for Beth!

I woke at stupid o'clock this morning and, as I was totally wide awake, I came down and made some wraps (also for Beth) and am just writing this before I go back up to see if I can catch another hour or so of sleep before the day starts.  The lunch is all made and ready - the carrot, cumin and kidney bean burgers with carrot and cranberry coleslaw and chips followed by rhubarb sorbet as last week.  All  tasty and healthy and although it sounds quite lavish, it's pretty frugal, in fact!  Basic food sparked by imagination (not all mine by a long shot) and a good dollop of seasoning!

I'm loving this bartering.  I make bread, etc, for Beth and she brings things from the allotment (when they are available).  It's not organised, it just happens!

Before that though I have to go a-shopping as I'm running out of things like loo rolls, washing liquid, etc.  I might treat myself to a Sunday paper as well, seeing as it is the half term holiday - that will be a treat!

Holiday Sunday, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment