Thursday 23 May 2013

Thursday

Good morning, world!  When the sun came out yesterday it was a delightful day and, early mornings to the contrary, warming up slowly.

At school it was an amazing day.  We have a visit from an Olympic gymnast, Danny Lawrence, with his trainer, who gave the children a demo and than supervised some circuit training with the children.  Huge fun and very inspiring - not that I am inspired in any way to take up handstands, backward somersaults in the air or walking on my hands from one end of the hall to the other but I'm sure you know what I mean!

And then, after school, staff meeting was short and not what we had expected so I was able to get stuff done and still be home earlier than usual to greet my guest.  We have a very pleasant evening chatting about this, that and the other before bedtime!

Yesterday evening I was just sorting out the rubbish for collection today when I noticed the sun was going down over the horizon so I rushed back in, grabbed my camera and took a few snaps.  I'm pleased with them so here's one without the special sunset setting and one with, one with more zoom than the other.  I'm sure I don't need to say which is which!!!


Aren't we lucky to live so close to such a pleasant view over the countryside?

Today I'm out of class a.m. talking to someone doing their head's training about special needs in the school.  I'm not sure how long that would take, but I'm hoping there will be a little bit of spare time for other things.

And now there's two more days to go!  Can't wait!

2 comments:

  1. Absolutely stunning photos, Joy, and you are right, it is lovely that you live so close to such pleasant views. I can well imagine how much you must be looking forward to half-term - not long now!
    Have a fabulous time! S. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's started now, thank goodness. I'm looking forward to a good rest before I start the reports! :-)
    J x

    ReplyDelete