Monday 27 May 2013

Bank holiday Monday

As I was going to Strawberry Fair
Singing, singing, buttercups and daisies . . .

The sun is shining, there's a chill to the air that will dissipate before long and, hopefully, it is going to be a gorgeous day!

It was a funny old day yesterday.  After my very early start (two thirty, would you believe?) I didn't get back to sleep later so not a terribly good start to the day.  I was getting tummy twinges too which was rather a nuisance.  By early evening I was shattered, went to sleep in my favourite chair, woke feeling achey, hot and shivery, had some meds, went to bed and more or less slept the clock round, including the chair sleep.  I'd love to say I feel 100% now but, although I don't, I do feel loads better and will be fine by the end of the day, I'm sure.

Fortunately, I had set the first three days as chill out, do-nothing-much-but-rest days so maybe my body is making sure I do!  Tomorrow I start the dreaded reports!  I did have something on for this afternoon, but not now!

So, today . . . I intend to read and rest for most of the day because I'm still weary and fuzzy around the edges.  Yesterday, Beth brought over some broccoli from her garden (cooked) so I will be making soup for lunch.  I'm not sure I fancy any breakfast - not yet, anyway - and I'll think about dinner later.  I have to do some washing (and therefore ironing) and I want to plant out some tomatoes that are threatening to take over the kitchen!  That's about it really.

Hoping the sun shines on us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment