Wednesday 12 September 2012

Wednesday morning

. . . and I'm sitting here feeling thoroughly satisfied after a most delicious breakfast.  First I had a properly poached egg (and by 'properly' I mean in a small pan of simmering water) on a toasted crumpet followed by some of the melon I didn't have yesterday.  Rather over-ripe melon so I had to cut a few bits away but so delicious.  All of that, with a second coffee, has set me up good and proper for the day.

After pondering over my new cookery book (oh, the hardship!!!) I've decided that I will cook the potato, lamb and spinach curry next.  It looks delicious, I bought the lamb yesterday and I have all the ingredients apart from the potato, which I can get today.  If I can get my act together tonight after staff meeting, I can do the preliminary bits and then bung it all in the slow cooker overnight.

School is still lovely.  All going well and I'm happy and relaxed.  It won't last, of course, it never does, but I may as well bask in it while it does!  I was rather lazily pondering over education and politics yesterday evening, between snoozes on my recliner, and I wondered if there would ever be a minister for education who had actually had a satisfying previous career in teaching so who really knew the practicalities of the job from the inside.  Someone who understood the ins and outs, the difficulties, the impossibilities, the commitment that the overwhelming majority of teachers have to their children, the ridiculousness of the demands sometimes made, the overwhelmingly hard work that most children, whatever their ability, put in to their work, the utter heartbreak when they (and their teachers) are told that their best isn't good enough for those powers from on high.  And, of course, above all, the sheer joy . . .

Let me know when you see those flying pigs . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment