Monday 9 May 2011

Monday evening

What a lovely day it has been today. Sunny, fresh, bright and spring-like. The children have worked well, we had a lot of fun planting runner bean seeds, not to mention the ongoing investigation into the best conditions for germination. And I actually talked about photosynthesis too. I wonder if anyone will remember the word tomorrow.

This half term has always been my favourite. I may not have inherited my parents' green thumbs as far as gardening is concerned but there's something about May that stirs the blood, excites the imagination and invigorates the mind. The children are getting it too - they rush in, eager to see what has happened to the cress seeds and I hurriedly quell the shrieks as they discover . . .

I just LOVE teaching year 1!

No comments:

Post a Comment