Wednesday, 19 August 2026

Wednesday, 19-08-26

Hi, everyone!  Welcome to Wednesday!  We have had rain, yay.  Enough that the paving was still wet when I woke.  Not enough to do anything for the water shortage but enough that I don't need to water - every little helps.

Thank you for your ongoing concern.  Yesterday wasn't as good as hoped.  I managed to eat a bit of the bland stuff but nothing stayed inside for long which was a nuisance.  No cramps though - a real blessing there.
I took one more dose of Imodium before I went to bed and fingers crossed.  I'm a bit nervous about eating today but must - maybe some porridge for breakfast, made with water and with a bit of honey for energy.  Later on, chicken and white rice.  Bland and carby but . . .
Fingers crossed!

The tomatoes are building up as I haven't eaten any since Sunday so yesterday I gave a big bagful to my lovely neighbours.  I was going to take some to the Girls' Meal for Beth, Linda and Julia but that didn't come off.  So right now I have some cooking in Thermione with onion and roasted red pepper to make a sort of all purpose sauce/passata (and the smell isn't making me feel too yuck which is good).  Later I will skin a lot of the mini ones and freeze them whole.

There's nothing in the diary today, not even PT now I have swapped to Thursday early morning.  I suspect I will sleep on and off and eat little and often to get some strength back.  
I'm doing a lot of crossing fingers today!

Isn't this pretty?
One of the blooms on the confused dahlia at the front.  Really cheering!

Right, well, I think the tomatoes are done.  I need to blend them and then push it all through my Mouli to get a nice, smooth result.

Have a lovely day, everyone.  xx

14 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, Hester. Truly, today I feel loads better again. I haven't eaten anything yes but fingers crossed. xx

      Delete
  2. Imodium in the home is a new one on me. I always think of it as a holiday emergency kit thing. Glad you are feeling better today Joy. Rachel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It used to be Kaolin and Morphine, didn't it? Disgusting stuff but very effective. I guess you can't buy it now.
      I always keep Imodium in my first aid box, just in case, and I'm so glad I did. xx

      Delete
  3. It can take a while to get over these things, glad you are taking it easy
    Alison in Devon x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alison. Definitely on the mend now. xx

      Delete
  4. You've had a nasty dose of it. Sleep and hydration are important and bland food when you can face it. Be well again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely I'm sleeping a lot as well as the other stuff. It all helps, I agree. xx

      Delete
  5. Take things easy and rest up, Joy. Hope you will be feeling much better very soon. Take care my friend x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Things really are looking up now. xx

      Delete
  6. Hope there are no nasty side effects with the food today. Take it easy! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really feel for you, Joy. It sounds like you've been through the wringer. I hope you manage to keep something down, and start feeling better soon. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt a bit mangled, I have to admit, but things are looking up now. Thanks, Jules, so kind. xx

      Delete