After a dubious start, I'm not sure the sourdough is going anywhere. It did its first rise fine but the second rise - oh dear. I ended up popping it in the fridge overnight; it's out again now so fingers crossed. If it does work out, it should have a good sour flavour, the time it is taking.
I'm back to circuits today - I don't feel terribly enthusiastic about it but am pushing on through! The nice thing about Lindsey is that she lets people work at whatever level they are at - one of the many nice things, I should add.
Then it's home and housework and I really need to plan some meals. I'm not feeling eager to do that either - dear me, what a wimp!! :-)
That's about it really - there's nothing else in the diary so I can get on with little things.
Just remembered - I can drive to the Mill to stock up on flour again because I have a feeling I'm going to need to make Lindsey's bread again.
Note to self - don't use low gluten flour for my bread, not even just a little bit!
Right, so I'd better go and feed Bubbles, just in case. Take care, all and have a good Monday! xx
Note to self - don't use low gluten flour for my bread, not even just a little bit!
Right, so I'd better go and feed Bubbles, just in case. Take care, all and have a good Monday! xx
Slowly and easy does it, you only have yourself to please so what's the rush. Your recent tummy problems probably took more out of you than you realise and your body needs time to re-adjust.
ReplyDeleteOur heating came on this morning! xx
Yes, I think you're right. Circuits was good and I was so glad I went. Now I can chill/work as the inclination takes me. xx
DeleteAgree with Annabeth above, take things very gently, you’ve got that lovely holiday to Spain coming up x
ReplyDeleteAlison in Devon x
I have - and I want to be 100% for that. There's time to spare. :-) xx
DeleteTake things at the pace that feels right for you each day and rebuild your strength after that nasty tummy upset.
ReplyDeleteTake care, Joy. 😊
I will, thanks very much. xx
DeleteI keep thinking that perhaps I should try making sourdough again. Third time lucky?
ReplyDeleteGo for it, Jules. Mine was third time lucky, I think and look at me now. It's worth it.
DeleteGo onto YouTube and watch this - it really helped me get my starter going and all Elaine's videos are so sensible, helpful and realistic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INAadZYRD0w&t=348s
(you will need to copy and paste)
xx