Tuesday, 11 August 2026

Tuesday, 11-08-26

Good morning, everyone, and welcome.  
Isn't crazy to think that a third of August has been and gone!  Blink and Autumn will be round the corner!  Oh, my goodness!
We're now half way through the summer holiday (for schools) and, dear me, I am so glad I'm retired.  Change of PM and Education Lead in government and, obviously, more changes - even though schools haven't had the opportunity to process that last lot of changes yet.   Will they ever stop treating education as a cheap political football?  No need to answer that, we all know, don't we?

Yesterday felt very busy.  
I gave the garden, and especially the tomatoes, two good waterings (using cans, of course, I am a Good Girl) and, as mentioned, picked loads and loads of tomatoes - and a cucumber.  After some weeks of not much, the cucumbers have decided to fruit again.
I unpacked after the watering and got all that sorted.
I did two loads of washing but not the ironing.  That can wait for today.
I processed some of the tomatoes and now I have four more lots of passata - I use those silicon brick thingies and the resulting cubes take very little space.
I cleared the kitchen, made another mess making dinner for me and Alex, and cleared that.
I went to Morrisons and did some shopping.  It wasn't a big shop but what I handed over was shocking.  Needing some cash didn't help - I know it's mostly cashless nowadays but I do like to have a small amount ready to use.
Alex came round late afternoon and we had dinner after which I took him home again.

I got nibbled to death over the weekend - different area, different bugs, maybe.   The lakes (big ponds) are drying up but there's enough water in them still and I left my window open overnight!!  Oh, well, I have germoline and will apply some soon as I'm feeling mighty itchy after my bath.  No new nibbles overnight though, thankfully.

Just a few more photos - as well as the hotel and to one side of it, there's a set of  . . . I suppose 'flatlets' is the best term . . . each one containing sixteen rooms, I think. the same quality as the hotel rooms.  It's called the Village, it's alongside the gold course and just a couple of minutes walk from the hotel where guests have their meals, etc..  I've never stayed in the Village but I has a little walk up and down.




Today, being Tuesday, starts with Groove.  I can't honestly say I feel terribly enthusiastic about it and would much rather be lazy at home but I'll be glad I went afterwards, I am sure.
After that, it is more of the same.  I want to skin and freeze some more of the cherry tomatoes and I need to do a serious deadheading.
Then there's inside dust, etc, although my feeling is that that can all wait.

Right, time to stop rambling and get the day started.  Get dressed, give the tomatoes a good watering (cans only!!), do my social media stuff, empty the dishwasher . . . and then meet Chris for Groove.
Enjoy your day, everyone.  Stay cool or as cool as possible and, if you know a little rain dance, we in the south east would really appreciate it!!  
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment