Monday 1 May 2023

Monday, 01-05-23

 Good morning, everyone.  There's not much longer at Five Lakes; we have to be out of the rooms by ten and clear of the whole place by twelve.  There's still a few things to do though but first, yesterday.

It was a glorious spring day again; maybe the sun was a bit more hazy but it was just as warm as Saturday and just as much fun.

I went to circuits before breakfast - it was as energetic as the previous day and about the same number attended - nine of us.  After breakfast, it was Groove and that was also as good as ever.  
Some of you have commented that I will need a rest when I get home and that's for sure.  I decided to chill for a while, had a bit of a snooze, a nice walk in the sunshine and watched a quiz before lunch.

After lunch, I started the last SET class but my ankle, which has been a bit grumbly all weekend, decided to make its presence felt.  I have had slightly dodgy ankles most of my like.  In recent years they have been loads better but I have learned not to ignore certain twinges and, as it got worse, not better, I stopped and went up to rest it for a bit.  It's fine this morning so that was evidently the right thing to do.

Before dinner, I did most of my packing and got stuff into the car so there's very little to do this morning.

The evening entertainments were so good and in bingo three of our group won full houses.  Very exciting!

So now it is May.  White Rabbits, everyone.  

Today starts with an aqua thingy before breakfast.  There's time to finish packing, get everything else in the car and then go for breakfast.  Lindsey has organised a walk but I think I will go home straight after breakfast.  I'm not sure how busy the A12 will be but it will be  worse later on when people start coming back from wherever they have been over the bank holiday and, anyway, I'm feeling weary.  Once home, I can unpack, get some washing in and then just chill.  It might even be warm enough to sit out - that would be lovely.

I said I would mention Diane.  She's around my age and I met here when we were here last year, just after Potters opened here.  We got on like a house on fire and have stayed in touch.  Anyway, she's part of this group too.  You may remember I was considering a cruise (new experience for me) and decided not to because I really didn't want to do something like that on my own.  To cut a long story short, we may do something in the cruise line together next year and, as she doesn't live too far away, we will definitely be meeting up from time to time.
We will see and, in the meanwhile, I can start saving!

Time to stop waffling on and get sorted, I think.  I'm sorry the weekend is over, it has been brilliant but I'm also looking forward to getting home again and thankful that the journey is so short.  I like my version of 'normal' very much!
Have a lovely bank holiday (if you have one) and I do hope the sun shines for you too.  xx

Edit at around 11:00 - safely home after a good journey.  Now to unpack, etc - after coffee, of course!


12 comments:

  1. It's always good to get home, but you've had a lovely time and lots of memories to think about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been lovely, thank you. Always nice to get home again too. xx

      Delete
  2. Safe journey and glad you had a good weekend break. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It was a good drive back. Busy A12 but then when isn't the A12 busy? xx

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you have had a brilliant weekend, and yes a coffee is definintely needed before the unpacking, and knowing you ... doing all the washing too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How did you guess. :-) Yup, two loads done, one in and ironed, the other almost dry and coming in soon to be ironed. Get it all done = clear conscience. xx

      Delete
  4. Great that you had such a good time away - also that your plans for a cruise might be able to go ahead now that you have someone to keep you company on one. From my limited experience of cruising I would heartily recommend the smaller ships rather than the ' blocks of flats ' that float! More friendly and less of a feeling of being part of a large machine:) x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Alison. It's not certain sure but I'm starting to look and so is Diane. xx

      Delete
  5. Wow you're so energetic Joy and hope you do meet up with Diane for a holiday together. I did that for years with my 'girl' friends and thoroughly enjoyed them all.. Went all over the world but not a cruise except my Nile cruise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All over the world sounds brilliant. I'm not that ambitious but it would be nice to stretch my wings a little bit. A Nile cruise sounds so very Agatha Christie, doesn't it? xx

      Delete
  6. It's always nice to meet someone who you can get along well with. Hope the two of you go on your cruise.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, time will tell but it's certainly something to get used to. xx

      Delete