Monday 29 May 2023

Monday, 29-05-23

Good morning, everyone.  According to the BBC, it's not going to be as warm today but we will still have some sunshine.  It was pretty chilly last night - down to around 4C - so now I feel better about having the electric blanket on when I went to bed!

Yesterday was glorious though - wall to wall sunshine and lovely and warm without being uncomfortably hot.
It was a noisy day, being so close to the RideLondon route.  I went out the back and watched it for a while.  It's a good viewpoint seeing them come in from the country and down the road.  There were so, so many.  I'm not sure when the race started but by mid morning there were cheers, hoots and claps and it continued for several hours as they just kept coming and coming.  Everyone was having a great time and the cyclists looked pretty relaxed - it was a charity thing so most of them were there for the fun of the ride and to raise money - I missed the serious ones at the beginning.  I suppose it was the cycling equivalent to the London Marathon really.
I filmed a couple of clips - they're not the same, just the same thumbnail.



Apart from that excitement, I spent the day sorting out some mistakes in what I am currently knitting and getting on with it while I caught up with YouTube, cooked meals, etc.  A quiet day.

Today is also quiet.  I might drive to one of the parks to have a stroll around or, more likely, I might just stay at home and potter (again).  I have a few plans for reorganising my bedroom cupboards and I have some meal planning to do and a shopping list to work on, seeing as it is nearly June.
Well, time for another coffee and to get the day started, I think.  Have a good 'un, one and all.  xx





12 comments:

  1. We've had glorious (and consistent) sunny and very warm weather for over a week now - no rain at all, which is very uncharacteristic for down here....and it's forecast to last at least another week too. It's usually your side of the country which is dry and warm! Have a nice pottering day - I need to go through both mine and husband's bedroom stuff too, thanks for the reminder! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it great to be able to enjoy it while it lasts. For once, the half term holiday looks like being perfect weather. Long may it last - for both of us.
      Have a lovely time at the van. xx

      Delete
  2. It’s really warm here today and I have a Zoom call at 10am! At least the study is cooler in the morning. Enjoy your walk if you do go out. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It still feels cool here but the sun is shining so it will warm up. Good luck with your Zoom call. xx

      Delete
  3. Lovely video clips. We're looking forward to the Tour de France in July - on television, of course. It's sunny here but with a biting east wind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've got a fair old chilly wind here too. I've been gardening aso it wasn't too bad but when I stopped, brrrr. Indoors again now, wrapping myself around a hot coffee and planning to stay in. xx

      Delete
  4. We are certainly trying to make the most of this great weather in case it's our summer! It feels strange that the temperature at night drops so much......
    Lovely header pics x
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alison. It was time for a change, I thought.
      It's nice to still be able to snuggle under the quilt, I think. xx

      Delete
  5. It has been strangely warm here for this time of year. We are now hoping for some rain.

    I really liked the cycling videos. How nice they went by your home.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's very nice. I know some grumble at the inconvenience of not being able to get out/having their road cut off, etc, and I guess I understand that, but we get plenty of warning, there's emails and info through the door and the road signs are very big and very clear and people were having a great old time.
      One family had brought chairs and snacks so they could watch for longer and one little girl had crayoned a big poster.
      I hope you get your rain soon.
      xx

      Delete
  6. Oh my days! For once the weather is much warmer up north. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has felt so very chilly this week - a stiff breeze hasn't helped matters. It seems to be warming up a bit now so here's hoping. xx

      Delete