Monday 20 February 2023

Monday, 20-02-23

 Hi, everyone and welcome to Monday and pretty much the last week in February.  It's bonkers how quickly February has flown past.  I must look back in my diary to Feb 1st and check the things I said I wanted to achieve/do this month because time is short.
It's a dull old start to the day; not cold but not mild either, but we might have some sunshine later on.  I hope so as I want to do a bit of washing and drying outside would be nice.




One of my mini-daffs has decided to flower.
So pretty.



And the chives are coming up again.  They grow fast so I will be using them soon in my meals.  Lovely!





Yesterday was very quiet and very pleasant.  I really didn't do anything much at all, just read and knitted (nearly finished another random stash jumper) and caught up with YouTube and telly.  

Half term is now over and Lindsey's classes start again.  I'm glad; I missed them last week.
So today it is circuits and I will also be doing the C25K because I didn't yesterday.  I'm staying on week one for another week, taking it nice and slow.  This time, I will try listening to a podcast and see how that goes.  And I am bracing myself to venture outside the garden sometime soon.  Eeeeek!

The other nice thing today is that I'm having an online chat with The Girls - Beth, Linda and Julia - this evening.  I'm so looking forward to having a good old catch up.

There's washing, there's the usual housework stuff and there's always reading and knitting.  

It should be a good day and I hope yours is too.  xx



10 comments:

  1. There are only eight days left of this month already, where is the time going to!!
    I feel as though I have been really busy recently and yet seem to have accomplished nothing of any consequence. I should give myself a good talking too ... but I know I won't listen. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - sometimes 'busy' doesn't always show results at first but it will, eventually, I find. It doesn't always have to be big and important, does it? xx

      Delete
  2. Cute little daffodils - our garden is looking very spring like and , like you, we have chives growing well. This year I'd like to grow more herbs, some folk seem to find them easy but I've found they can be tricky - more effort required on my part probably:)
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just have the tough ones - oregano, chives, sage, thyme, mint and rosemary - oh, and a bay bush which, I think, is a bit dead after the very cold weather. I will have to get another if it doesn't revive because I use bay leaves a lot. xx

      Delete
  3. Can't believe the month is almost done! Yikes. I don't think I've achieved what I wanted to though as least the charity box is full. I love the daffodil. Nice to see things growing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is nice. Heartwarming and cheering. I think I am nearly there but I'm glad I looked because there's one item I had forgotten about. xx

      Delete
  4. Where on earth has February gone... it'll soon be Easter. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Pancake day today, Lent starts tomorrow! Eeeek. xx

      Delete
  5. It seems like the older I get the faster the days speed by.

    How wonderful to have flowers popping up.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that too, Jackie. Blink and I miss a week! Well - almost! xx

      Delete