Saturday 25 February 2023

Saturday, 25-02-23

 Good morning, everyone.  It's a very pleasant and sunny start to the weekend here; fingers crossed it keeps up.

Slimming World was good fun again yesterday.  Loads of people so we were busy on the desk but that's good.
When I came out, it had started drizzling and I felt very cold so I went home and stayed in - no bus and no town.  There's plenty of time!  So it was a pottering sort of day - bit of clearing, bit of  ironing, but of exercising, bit of . . . oh, stuff, you know what I mean.

The diary is blank for today which is nice.  I still have bits and bobs to do and, as it's still chilly, I might lift the bags out of the chest freezer and just do a quick defrost (it will be very quick) and audit of contents.  I've kept pretty much up to date with it all but just to check.

There's a bit more garden work to do and I will plant out those lovely primulas from Chris.  I'm thinking I might get some more if anywhere has them when I go to do my shop next Wednesday.  They are not terribly expensive and they give such joy.

I hope everyone is safe and well and keeping warm.  xxx

18 comments:

  1. My front garden is full of weeds and the grass needs cutting, but I'm afraid it won't get done until the weather warms up another few degrees....it's gone really chilly here again. Have a nice easy day xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a real nip in the air again, isn't there? xx

      Delete
  2. Too cold to garden here and the ground is still very wet. On the recommendation of two friends who go to Slimming World, I bought the Tikka Masala sauce from Iceland and also added the pilau rice. I stir fried two chicken breasts, added the microwaved sauce, and served with the microwaved rice. A filling and tasty meal in 15 minutes. I will buy some more tubs of both as the are a good standby and live in the freezer. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the sauces are better than the actual ready meals - what you did with it sounds really lovely! xx

      Delete
  3. I've just discovered your lovely, chatty blog and shall enjoy following it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning to you too, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good afternoon:)
    It's been sunny but chilly here, I felt like comfort food was in order so we just had air fryer cooked sausages in nice floury white rolls - a bit of a Saturday treat.
    I bought some dahlia tubers and a few packets of seeds in Wilko this morning, prices of their own label stuff weren't bad, now I'll have to hope the quality is ok.
    Alison in Wales x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm -sausages in rolls - how delicious.
      I have a couple of dahlias round the front that came from Wilcos and they are lovely. They've come up year after year after year. Hopefully, your purchases will be just as successful. xx

      Delete
  6. My garden needs some attention but M (gardener) wants to leave it until this latest threat of snow and freezing weather is behind us.

    I hope you have a lovely day and get your bits of gardening and freezer management over and done with nice and early so you can spend the rest of the day with happy pottering indoors in the warm xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. M is sensible. Our forecast for the next couple of weeks isn't bad. Even overnights they don't think it will go below freezing. You never know though, do you?
      xx

      Delete
  7. Primulas are so pretty and very good value, as they flower for such a long time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - and the colours are so cheering. xx

      Delete
  8. I hope your weather gets warm enough to plant things out. Here we still have snow and after days of me thinking we were living in the far north, we are finally warming up a little bit.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a bit chilly this morning (Sunday) but the sun is shining so it should warm up soon. xx

      Delete
  9. Sounds like a pretty nice day. I hope the weather clears up enough for you to be able to do some gardening. I might try planting some flowers here in the spring. I am hoping to find something that attracts birds but deer won't eat! Think that might take some research. Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that might be hard to find too - they seem to eat everything, don't they. xx

      Delete