Saturday 6 March 2021

Saturday

 Good morning, everyone.  It's the weekend again, a dull start it it too and expected to stay dull and rather cold all day.  I'm crossing my fingers for no rain though.

Yesterday's personal training went fine although I could tell Lindsey toned it back just a bit.  There are no more aches than usual after an hour of working out so I guess things are more or less back to normal again, thankfully.

My chat with Jackie was very short.  Sadly, she has also done something to her back, just yesterday, in fact, and it very uncomfortable.  Poor love, I sympathise very much.

Rather more happily, I not only got most of the washing done, it was also ironed.  The basket is temporarily empty but there's one last load in the machine right now so that will get done today.

Apart from that last bit of washing/drying/ironing, I really must get to the allotment today.  Judging by my own little patch of grass, there will be no need to take the mower with me but I might try the mini rotavator on some of the cleared soil and I will certainly plant those perishing broad beans!!  There's probably some cheeky weeds to hoe back and I want to start clearing the weeds under the fruit trees before replenishing the chippings.
The new, plastic, slightly raised beds haven't arrived yet.  When we ordered them, they were out of stock and arriving during March so no surprises there.
I'll take it carefully and finish if anything is hurting.

The other thing I really want to do is make tomorrow's dinner.  Beth and Alex will be here and they have both requested a savoury bean crumble so that's what we will have.  I can make the bottom and the top and put the two together before baking tomorrow.

I have a bit of a shopping list but I don't think there's anything I actually need until next week so that can wait until Monday morning by which time I will need fruit and veg as well.

So that's today!  
What are your plans.  Do you find your weekend plans all that different to your weekday plans?
Stay safe and well and have a good few days.  xx


15 comments:

  1. I'm glad your back is a bit better. It certainly is a bit dull and cold here too but I'm trying to brave the garden today. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Enjoy. I've had breakfast and am setting off very soon. It's still dull but no rain.
      xx

      Delete
  2. I can always bring my ironing round if you have space in your ironing basket 🤭

    It's good to hear that your back pain has gone an hope the allotment work doesn't aggravate whatever it was. Good luck getting the beans in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just back and it's been absolutely fine. I was careful and did plenty of stretching. I might feel it generally later but no specific problems. Much relieved. :-)
      xx

      Delete
  3. A good soak in a nice hot epsom salts bath will do you the world of good... But then so would a large glass of wine and a chocolate bar.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Get thee behind me. lol. I reckon a nice hot coffee and a snooze in my lovely recliner will be lovely!
      xx

      Delete
  4. Wish the weather would cheer up a bit.
    Have a good weekend and be careful with your back

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all rather gloomy and chilly again, isn't it. Me too.

      Delete
  5. I've settled on Tuesday (early) as my once a week shopping day. It's usually quite quiet. This week I only had two things to iron!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will carry on shopping when it's quiet - i.e. early morning. It's much nicer.
      Two things? Wow!
      xx

      Delete
  6. I hope you manage to get to the allotment. I must admit that I rarely iron. Especially in winter when the tumble dryer is being used (anything put outside would just freeze solid lol).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did, thanks. I try not to use the tumble dryer except for towels. I love how fluffy they come out.
      xx

      Delete
  7. I am a very happy bean if I manage to see the bottom of my ironing basket which sad to say isn't often...sigh. keep well Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - it's an ongoing trial, isn't it?
      xx

      Delete
  8. You put me to shame, I don't have an ironing basket or do any ironing. I used to :-)

    ReplyDelete