Thursday 25 April 2019

Little garden update

I finally managed to get my camera to open so here's the one photo I managed to take at Marks Hall before it started sulking.  The weather was sulking too so bad light.
It's part of the visitors' centre area.


I love the sign - it's advertising tree climbing on Fathers' Day.

A little photo update of the garden.

 The mints were looking decidedly rusty and raggedy last year so I refreshed the soil and now they're lovely!


This is the clematis I bought last year - it's called 'Oooh la la' and the few flowers it had were beautiful.  It's budding really well this year so fingers crossed.
 Some of the Autumn fruitint raspberry canes that are coming up really well.  For just a container, I should get a good harvest.
 I shopuld have sorted out the strawberry bed last Autumn and didn't so I don't think the crop will be so good this year but what I will get should taste fab.
The oregano is going great guns - It spreads like crazy so I will need to be very firm with it.

9 comments:

  1. That’s interesting... I’ve never heard of chocolate mint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite nice as a garnish and has a lovely aroma. xx

      Delete
  2. Looks like your garden is doing well! I planted several flowering plants yesterday in containers. Have a little more to do today. I chose deer resistant plants like dianthus, coleus, lantana and dusty miller as we have deer about who visit our yard. Hopefully, they won't eat these plants!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's hope so. I gather they can be a real pain and do quite a lot of damage.
      xx

      Delete
  3. loving all the new green growth in your garden. Things are starting to come alive here finally. However we have a chance of snow on the weekend!! Oh the joys of living in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not again! I'd have thought you would have way more than your rightful allocation this year. Sending good luck to the green growth!
      xx

      Delete
  4. A friend of mine has lots of chocolate mint and has promised me some this year. It smells so good! Have you ever made tea with it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, and it's really nice. Very refreshing.
      xx

      Delete
  5. Lovely pics! Have you booked your tree climbing session at Mark hall yet?

    ReplyDelete