Monday 28 September 2015

Monday

So here we are at the start of another week.  It was a chilly and very lovely night: yes, I managed to watch the lunar eclipse - sort of.  I set the alarm, opened the curtains, turned around in bed so that I could watch, put on my glasses and then dozed on and off.  It was hard to keep my eyes open but I did manage to see the last bit of cover and it really was lovely in a cold and majestic sort of way.  It is awesome to consider what is happening to produce that effect - such huge celestial bodies and - a shadow!  Just a very big shadow.

As a result I was awake a little later today - half past six!  We're going swimming, Beth and I, so I need to get a move on!

Back to yesterday.  It was a very busy afternoon.  Beth and I sewed, finished off, took photographs, edited photographs and generally didn't stop for quite a long time but we now have quite a lot of things for our little 'shop' and for the couple of craft fairs we hope to sell at.  I also made two batches of bread and lunch for me and Beth so you can see that it was a busy day.

Today, after swimming, we're parting company.  I have quite a lot to do at home, including making up beds for friends and some ironing.  I also need to do more sewing as I am behind with my own projects.  And I MUST tackle to mess in my own room!

The vegetable stew (now called Autumn stew because it sounds nicer) was delicious, but I wasn't so impressed with the suet free/fat free/made with egg dumplings.  I suppose any recipe that asks for two cups of flour (mug size) is going to be somewhat problematic.  I might try again sometime.  Diane - you often talk of 'potsticker dumplings' - what are they and do you have a recipe, please?

So - better get going.  The sun is shining and I have washing to get out onto the line.  Have a super day.

Food:
Breakfast:  toast and jam
Lunch:  omelette and salad
Dinner:  Autumn stew with pasta and grated cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment