Thursday 7 May 2015

Thursday

Another rather wild night with heavy rain followed a ditto day yesterday - at least, to start with.  At some point it all calmed down and this morning seems to be a lot better although it's hard to tell just yet.    I've rarely seen rain sheet down as heavily as it did yesterday, or, sometimes, as horizontal!  If one includes the cold, it has felt more like March than May in recent days.  However, this morning I went to the freezer in the shed without a dressing gown and it felt OK.

Thank you for all the kind enquiries.  I'm feeling fine now and eating normally.  I wolfed down some lasagne yesterday that I had made for my brother's 60th party - the frozen leftovers, I mean - and thoroughly enjoyed it.  As for the other thing, it came to nothing, thank goodness.

Tomorrow evening I am off out for a meal with J and L - the get together we have around once a month, although it can be longer intervals, depending.  As always, it's at the Hare and I will definitely go for a small plate option, that being the most frugal thing to do, as well as looking delicious!  I'm looking forward to a good catch-up chat!

Today is a normal Thursday.  Tomorrow the SATs start.  Ho hum!

Have a fantastic day and stay warm and dry.


2 comments:

  1. I once spent a week at Durham Uni with OU geologists. We had the wettest week ever recorded! At least I found all my wet weather gear worked well. Glad to hear you are feeling better. Long may it continue. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I heard about that via FirstClass. Must've been a fun week!
    Jx

    ReplyDelete