Wednesday 13 May 2015

Wednesday

Good morning!

I was half right about the weather yesterday.  It did clear and we had sunshine but not before some rain which seemed to cool everything down considerably.  There was definitely a chill in the air yesterday and I was glad to snuggle under my quilt come bedtime.  It's too early to tell what today will be like!

The highlight of the day was, of course, the visit from Owls R Us.  They brought along about ten different breeds of owls including a large European eagle owl and a tiny little scops owl, a snowy owls a tawny owl and a barn owl.  I love owls and it was a delight to see them and hear about them.  The two gentlemen that came with them were kind enough to commend the children's intelligent questioning which was nice.

There was also distraction in the form of a young dove that had wandered, somehow, into the hall and settled itself on a high rafter to hear the talk too.  From time to time it took a little fly round the hall and I was glad that the owls were safely 'tethered' to their perching thingy.   A practical experience in how owls kill their prey would have been 'interesting' but not appropriate.

You will be glad to know that after school the dove did manage to get out with a little help from some staff.

Apart from the day work, in the evening I did a little bit more to the baby quilt I am making and I'm really hoping this will be a lot better than my first effort at a quilt which ended up a total failure.  I'm on the borders now and then it will be the quilting which is where it will make or break.  Photos may appear at some point!

Today is more SATs with violins, PPA, staff meeting and governors' meeting.  I will leave home at 7:25 and won't get home until about 8, maybe 8:30 pm

It's going to be a lo-o-o-ong day!


No comments:

Post a Comment